MotionX GPS Drive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 Rated iPhone and iPad navigation solution.
#1 MotionX-GPS Drive named "Best iPhone 5 App for Drivers" by Total Car Score
#1 "Hands-down my favorite navigator for the iPhone" -Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
#1 "My favorite is MotionX GPS Drive." - Dave Caolo, The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
#1 "packed with features..." -Walt Mossberg, The Wall Street Journal
#1 "Hands-Down the Best Value in GPS Apps" -Gizmodo.com
#1 "The only GPS system required for driving or walking." - Greg Dawson, AppCraver
#1 About.com Readers' Choice Award Winner: Best Auto Navigation App
LIMITED TIME OFFER: One year of Voice Guidance now 60% off, only $9.99!
The Best and Easiest Driving GPS, Always Live, Always Up-to-Date
For less than $1 per month:
• Map data is always up-to-date
• Real-time and predictive traffic-based routing and guidance
• Best INRIX traffic with free live traffic flow maps
• Full support for portrait and landscape mode
• Visual lane assistance for complex intersections and freeway junctions
• Live local speed limits displayed with the car's actual speed
• Multi-stop planning and routing
• Pre-load maps for offline use
• Use AirDrop for iOS 7 to share your destination with friends
• Multiple voice choices including fun options and HD synthesized voices
• Facebook and Twitter integration
• Local Search and Wikipedia integration for rich and up-to-date content
• Urban route planning with pedestrian navigation
• Live compass
• Parking spot marker
• Fast easy download from your iPhone or iPad!
Complete U.S. and Canada Coverage.
Includes 30 Days of free Real-time Turn-by-Turn Navigation with Live Voice Guidance and live INRIX traffic
• After the 30 day period, continue using real-time navigation any time by making an in-app purchase. Choose either 30-days or 1-year.
• Access purchases on multiple iPhones or iPads for households with multiple users
• In-app purchases are non-recurring with no automatic charges
Live Voice Guidance gives you:
• Real-time turn-by-turn voice guidance with high-quality spoken street names, fully integrated with the iPhone music player
• Live over-the-air maps and real-time navigation
• Cached routes and maps for optimal performance
• Predictive live traffic for optimal routing
• Details about traffic incidents, construction, and events
Please note the core application provides a great driving experience without any further purchase, including full access to search, routing, 3D maps, and pedestrian navigation tools.
MotionX uses the latest NAVTEQ maps, Bing search, and live predictive traffic information from INRIX to deliver the most complete navigation solution designed exclusively for the iPhone.
MotionX-GPS Drive is compatible with the iPhone and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular models. iPod touch and iPad models without cellular/GPS capability require an external GPS receiver.
Continued use of any GPS service running in the background can significantly decrease battery life.
MotionX is committed to passing on to our customers the best possible pricing for guidance services and turn-by-turn routing. We ourselves must pay the Map and traffic suppliers and therefore must charge a minimum fee for this service. We focus on providing the best value for quality information.
MotionX is committed to constant improvement. We listen to our users and continuously add the most requested features.
What's New in Version 16.2
● New AirDrop for iOS 7 to share your destination with friends
● New improved address search and geocoding
● Further optimizations for iOS 7
A bit of a disappointment
This app really needs to have the voice guidance subscription activated to work well. Otherwise you have to manually proceed to the next step to get an accurate ETA or remaining distance figure. Doing this manually can be difficult, if not dangerous, to do while driving, especially when steps are very close together.
Preloading maps to save or eliminate data usage on the road can be disappointing. If you get off the prescribed track at all, either intentionally or accidentally, your maps and guidance will disappear and can leave you in the lurch.
The heavy blue track line that shows on the map covers up the Route numbers or street names, making it sometimes very difficult to tell when you need to turn onto a different road. Voice guidance eliminates this problem.
Several times, this app has stopped tracking my position, sometimes for minutes at a time, even though the GPS signal indicator says everything is fine. Also, if you miss a turn, the position indicator on the map will continue to show you on the correct track for a surprisingly long time after your misstep.
the best of the paid navigation apps
On my iPad, MotionX saved my sanity whilst navigating into deepest Brooklyn from Vermont during Friday rush hour, continually and seamlessly adjusting the route to avoid traffic jams. Brilliant eventual solution-to-destination. UI a bit Byzantine - but once one is past the learning curve, it works more than well enough. Plenty of map viewing options. Slight map error in Montpelier - in-town roundabout on Main St. not recognized as a roundabout. It is the only iOS map app that I know about that allows waypoint modification of a route. After using Google maps and Apple maps for awhile, I prefer MotionX for almost all purposes, including unparalleled flexibility of operation. The only flies in the ointment are that map displays are not quite as clear as Apple's, and that one cannot specify a beginning point other than the actual location of the device. On the other hand, switching between map types is easiest and most convenient with MotionX.
Great gps for the price
Update: Used this app exclusively for my road trip ( Wyoming, South Dakota, Minneapolis ) and it guided me perfectly! I never looked at a map because the app was so superior in routing my travel. There wasn't any questionable roads to travel and I felt confident following the route planned.
Been using the to find locations for my job and it's a great help! Can't wait to try it on my road trip to the mid-west next year. The company support is great and will love the lane assist.
I've been using the app in Hawaii for about a month and it gets me to where I want like my tomtom. The cost and reviews on forums is what lead me to try it out. Once you get familiar to its working, it's great. One giant advantage is you don't have to worry about out of date maps and the associated cost. I was just going to purchase the monthly subscription for when I traveled. But the years subscription price is worth it!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 04, 2013
- Version: 16.2
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
- © 2003-2013 Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Year of Live Voice Guidance$9.99
- 30 Days of Live Voice Guidance$2.99
- The Cougar$0.99
- The London East-Ender$0.99
- External Display Package$24.99