Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Please NOTE that Palua Smart Mode does NOT work properly with Logitech K750 keyboard and other third-party keyboard ***
Quickly switch the mode of your Function Keys on any Mac keyboard!
You need to run a game, or start a graphic application, or work on a project that need F1-F12 as function keys, just hit option+command+TAB and the switch will happen.
With Palua, you just need one click - or one hotkey - to toggle the mode your Fx keys are.
- SMART Mode: Key mode changes with the application that has the focus. When an application has the wrong mode, hit the shortcut, and the settings is automatically stored in the pref if it wasn't defined before.
- Fast Switching: Right click the icon in the menu bar to switch the mode.
- Customizable shortcut: Use the one you like, thanks to the shortcut recorder (see About screen)
- Icons theme: Choose from four different themes for your icons displayed in the menu bar
- Notifications: Added Growl support, and the possibility to have NO notifications at all.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Bug Fixes only
- Fixed a bug where notification would appear at the wrong place on the screen after a screen resize or use of an external display
- Fixed a translation error in German
Simple but effective
There's not a whole lot to this app, but what it does, it does very well. I was looking for something to allow me to easily toggle the behavior of the function keys for when I'm working in my Windows 7 VM. I use a lot of Windows programs that make heavy use of function keys and having to actually hold down the Mac's fn key each time is a headache. What Palua gave me is much more, though. It has the original simple toggle I was looking for, but it also has a "Smart Toggle" that will automatically switch to one scheme or another based upon the app you're working in. Even better, it works perfectly with Parallels. I just added the Parallels app, set it to normal function key mode, and now if I switch to the VM I'm in normal function key mode, and if I switch back to a Mac app, I'm in the Apple function key mode. Just set and forget - beautiful.
Huge help with TeamViewer
I use TeamViewer on occation to remotely develop on a Windows machine. This app is a lifesaver because it lets me automatically remap the F-keys when I switch to TeamViewer. I rely on the F-keys heavily when developing in Visual Studio, and holding down the Fn key to access the F-keys was becoming a real pain. Definitely worth 99¢ to not have to constantly be holding the Fn key in TeamViewer, but still have quick access to the volume and brightness keys everywhere else in the OS. Would recommend to anyone that needs easy access to the F-keys in a specific app.
Worth every penny
This app is great. It installs in no time, and with a little configuration, does exactly what I want. For the record, I use the Smart Toggle mode, run on startup, and the “Wireframe” look, which matches Yosemite more or less. I suppose an icon refresh would be good, especially for Retina displays, but it looks like the app hasn’t been updated for at least two years, so that’s unlikely. Even so, it stays out of the way, works exactly as I expect it to, and I really don’t have any complaints.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Olivier Palliere
- © 2011 Molowa
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later