Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac
By Evan Schoenberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rowmote lets you seamlessly control audio, video, and presentation applications on your Mac from your iOS device, including AirPlay mirroring and audio destinations.
You love the remote control which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didn’t come with a remote control or doesn’t even have an infrared port. Buying a remote control, from Apple or a third party, would carry a significant cost!
You carry your iPhone or iPod Touch wherever you go... so why should you carry a second device just to control your computer? Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote! Rowmote is like your Mac’s remote control, but over the wireless network and even better! By tapping the Apps button, you get bonus abilities, switching between controlled programs, toggling the iTunes Visualizer, and more. Rowmote will even wake sleeping Macs.
- Control your Mac over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Functions just like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
• Adobe Lightroom
• Airfoil Video
• BBC iPlayer
• DVD Player
• eyeTV 3.x
• Front Row
• Hulu Desktop
• Keynote ‘08 & ‘09
• kJams Pro
• Microsoft Powerpoint ‘04 & ‘08
• OpenOffice Impress
• PandoraOne Desktop
• Plex & Plex Home Theater
• The Tube
• xbmc (Xbox Media Center)
- SWITCH: Access your Mac’s Dock, launching & switch between all controllable applications on the Mac, toggle the iTunes visualizer, and more. Order & display customizable.
- Click-and-hold works just like on the physical remote in applications; for example, holding the right button fast-forwards, while a single click is ‘next’. This is a feature no other iPhone remote control I know of does properly!
- Sleep on demand; wake the Mac automatically
- Control AirPlay mirroring and audio output (requires Mac OS X 10.8)
- Pause the music or video automatically when you answer a call on your iPhone
- Proximity sensor support to automatically turn the screen off if the device is face-down
- Secure authentication
- Optional dark interface
• Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later.
• Mac: The free Rowmote Helper program must be running on the Mac to be controlled. Download at www.rowmote.com. Some features require later versions of Mac OS X.
• Apple TV: 1st and 2nd generation may see www.rowmote.com/atv for potential compatibility.
• The iPhone or iPod Touch must be on the same wireless network (a computer-to-computer, or ‘Ad Hoc’, network works, as well). If a firewall is enabled, Rowmote Helper must be allowed access or port 5842 must be opened.
Rowmote is a steal! Couple it with Apple’s free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual video viewing.
The artwork of Rowmote was designed by Rik Schennink.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Fixed layout on iPhone 6+ when Display Zoom is enabled
• Added iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ resolution support
• Fixed rotating to landscape orientation on the iPad in iOS 8
• Fixed a few display issues in Dark Interface mode which would make the screen appear too bright
• Fixed display of the active application in the Applications menu for certain apps
• Aesthetic fixes in the Settings
[Rowmote Pro upgrade]
• Fixed appearance of the Function keyboard in landscape orientation in iOS 8
• A few other minor improvements
This makes my home media center complete.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 50.9 MB
- Languages: Danish, Dutch, En, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- © 2008-2014 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rowmote Pro Upgrade$3.99