By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Calvin Harris, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Wiz Khalifa and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Shazam TV shows to discover soundtracks, the cast, special offers and more
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
• Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch for the artist, song, and lyrics that unfold with the music
• See your past Shazams at a glance with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
• Turn on Auto Shazam and we’ll keep finding tunes for you
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
What's New in Version 8.9.0
We’ve made loads of small updates and spent some time tweaking the news feed. Head to home and scroll for new music from the artists you’ve Shazamed.
It's practically unusable
This app has always been a cool idea that worked fairly well but recently it's become unusable. The interface now has pop ups on every screen so getting to the actual song recognition feature is relatable to a minefield. Then, God forbid you hit the done button from the screen with song details which makes the song recognition feature not work so you have to shut the app. Or, if you click on anything twice because the app is so laggy it doesn't load it registers a 2nd click usually opening up the camera feature (which is stupid). Let alone the fact the the app crashes every third time you open it.
Just Shazam it.
I was finally able to get this app since I got an iPod touch 6th generation a month ago, and I must say it's a really great app to use if you want to know what song's playing right away if you're connected to Wi-Fi. And you can even Shazam music offline, because when you connect to Wi-Fi after, it identifies the music. I use this app if I wonder what song's playing on the radio or in public.
Takes way too long
Sometimes It takes way, way too long to recognize a song. When i want to recognize a song, i want to do it quick before everyone realizes im trying to figure out who the artist of a certain song is. Good app, good idea, but it needs to be tweaked. Its also extremely buggy, and sometimes the ads are just too much.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 25, 2015
- Version: 8.9.0
- Size: 68.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2015 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade From (Shazam)REDFree