Shazam - Discover music, artists, videos & lyrics
By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Calvin Harris, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Wiz Khalifa and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Shazam TV shows to discover soundtracks, the cast, special offers and more
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
• Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch for the artist, song, and lyrics that unfold with the music
• See your past Shazams at a glance with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
• Turn on Auto Shazam and we’ll keep finding tunes for you
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon on iPhone to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
• Facebook uses interest based advertising. More details: https://m.facebook.com/ads/ad_choices
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
What's New in Version 9.7.1
If the app has been crashing for you, please update. This should fix it!
Shazam Offline: Keep Shazaming - even when you’re not connected! Next time the music's on but the WiFi isn't, simply tap the big blue button and we’ll name that tune as soon as you're back online. The tracks we match will be waiting for you in the ‘My Shazam’ tab, as always.
Enjoying Shazam on your iPad? You’re about to enjoy it even more, because we’ve made a ton of changes to every page, making it easier than ever to discover new music.
Keeps getting worse!!!
This used to be a great app but now it won't even work most of the time. The last time I tried to use it I kept getting the "offline" message on wifi so I switched to cellular and tried again; even with me holding my phone right next to my stereo speaker it couldn't manage to identify a song (multiple attempts). This app was great when all it did was identify songs. I don't give a crap about all the "social" features, like what some celebrity is shazaming! Who cares!!! I paid for this app so I don't have to see ads but all of the extra "features" they keep shoving down my throat are just as annoying as ads, especially when they hog up most of the home screen. Maybe the app would actually do what it's supposed to if it wasn't so bloated (it might actually load fast enough to tag a song before it ends too)! Another thing that's been annoying me for awhile now is the app no longer identifies songs on TV shows; it just tells you what show you're watching. I've been using Soundhound as an alternative, hoping the devs will eventually get a clue and fix this app, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. I'll probably end up deleting it once I get all my old tagged songs.
Good but some bugs
I was finally able to get this app since I got an iPod touch 6th generation a month ago, and I must say it's a really great app to use if you want to know what song's playing right away if you're connected to Wi-Fi. And you can even Shazam music offline, because when you connect to Wi-Fi after, it identifies the music that it's recorded with your device's microphone. I use this app if I wonder what song's playing on the radio or in public.
My only complaints are that you can't turn off automatic following of artists you haven't followed yet on the app after you Shazam their music, which I would appreciate it if you could turn them off. And also, there's another bug where after I Shazam something while offline, when I reconnect there are duplicates of what I Shazamed. And when I try to delete the duplicate, it deletes both of them. This became a problem for me a while ago and I've been forced to leave the duplicates alone. I would appreciate if that was fixed.
this app at least for me is honestly so useful and helpful! I'm not lying it works smooth and super quick! I have tested it on songs I already know and it still can do them all! the only thing is if it's to quiet it won't work and I hope they can approve or try something to make it where you don't have to put it right by the speaker! in all the best app I have purchased in a long time
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 14, 2016
- Version: 9.7.1
- Size: 68.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2015 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad free$6.99
- Upgrade From (Shazam)REDFree