By Southwest Airlines Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Traveling with Southwest Airlines is even more convenient with our mobile app. So, whether you’re on the go traveling to that next big meeting or just on the couch daydreaming about a vacation, Southwest mobile gives you access to what you need.
• Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
• View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page
• Access your Mobile boarding pass and save it to Passbook
• Book or cancel rental car reservations
• Check flight status and setup text notifications
• Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
• Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account
• View travel and weather alerts
• Access helpful airport information
What's New in Version 2.14.0
Minor maintenance release.
New Native App Please!
SWA needs a major update that completely scraps what y'all have right now... EasyJet has some amazing things in their app... Copy/paste?
Y’all need to write an iOS specific app, not just a port of your mobile website. The UI/UX of SWA compared to other offerings is quite subpar. That said, here is a list of suggestions… take a look at American, United, Delta, British Airways, Air Canada, Easy Jet, JetBlue... All of them look and function much better.
1. Native app
2. Design refresh.
-There are still many elements of the app that look like the belong on the original iPhone. Cut out the diagonal line filler on buttons throughout (similar to what y’all made the front page buttons like).
-Colors of the app are not very SWA representative. The purply/pink doesn’t mesh with the rest of the SWA theme. New icon, however, looks great.
3. Ability to check into a flight without a confirmation number… I’m already logged into the app, I shouldn’t have to type my name and number.
4. iPad app / Apple Watch
Again… I think having a native app will provide a vastly superior experience for SWA customers and I hope y’all are working on one. I love the airline and hope that soon I’ll be able to do most of my business from my phone and not be forced to use a computer. Thanks!
Upcoming flights missing
I use this app quite often. I've booked several flights with ease. It's also great for checking in, especially when away from home. It used to have your upcoming flights on the home page but now it's just a wifi ad in that place. So checking in takes more steps to either enter my info to find the flight or have to go to manage my flights. Please put upcoming flights back on the home page and then this would be a five star app.
Next flight info
Latest update took away the next flight visual on home screen. Very frustrating! It made checking in easy and updated you on flight status with just a glance. Now it's multiple steps to do both. Please bring back that feature.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 2.14.0
- Size: 33.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Southwest Airlines
- © 2015 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.