Splittr - Travel cost splitting made easy
By Raphael Wichmann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Forget about creating complicated Excel spreadsheets after a trip with friends!
Splittr helps you to divide costs between you and your friends. It is perfect for vacations, weekend trips, nights out with friends, and even for household expenses. Simply add expenses as you go and Splittr will let you know who is next to pay, tell you who owes what to whom, and generate a PDF report that you’ll be able to send to friends.
IMPORTANT: Splittr does not support syncing across multiple devices from different users. If you are looking for that: Don’t buy Splittr or don’t give a bad rating.
Splittr is much simpler. With Splittr you don’t need an internet connection and you don’t need to sign up to create an account. Your data is yours.
- No login and no internet connection required
- Super fast and easy user interface
- Multiple activities supported
- All currencies are supported – you can even use multiple currencies
- Intelligent equalization payment algorithm that minimizes the number of transactions
- You can split expenses unevenly if purchasers paid different amounts or if certain participants benefitted more or less from the expense
- Export reports as PDF and CSV files
- Can be used for groups (families, couples, etc.)
- Optional iCloud backup and ability to sync to other iOS devices
Use case: Imagine you are on a weekend road trip with two friends: Emma and Daniel. You pay $100 for gas for the trip. Anyone with a calculator can divide that price three ways, but even then, you’d normally have to keep a record of the expense in order to divvy it up later. With Splittr, this expense is entered in a couple of seconds and divided equally with little time or effort.
Imagine that later, you, Emma and Daniel go to a restaurant. You’re not hungry, so you only order juice. Daniel orders a steak and a cheesecake. Emma gets a spinach salad. The bill is $80. Daniel forgot his wallet in the hotel room and doesn’t pay, but you chip in $60 and Emma pays $20. You need a math degree to calculate who owes what, right? Not with Splittr! Simply enter who paid how much and Splittr will do the rest.
It’s that simple!
What's New in Version 1.7
Hello! The biggest new feature in this version is the iCloud backup! All your data can now be securely stored in iCloud. Go to Settings within the app and enable iCloud Backup!
- iCloud Backup. You can now save your data in iCloud and sync the data between your iPads and iPhones
- You can now add incomes (for a returned deposit, e.g.)
- Currencies are now sorted by usage
- Activities are now sorted by usage
- Activities can now be archived (swipe left on the activity)
- Add photos of bills to your expenses
- Autocomplete included in the text fields of expenses
- All participants are now preselected by default when creating an expense
- New global settings screen
- Better structure and layout for activity and attendee screens
- You can now add payment details for each person so that everybody knows where the money should be sent
- Several bugs were also fixed
Thank you for your great support, your great reviews and your emails that helped me a lot to improve Splittr!
Does exactly what is supposed to.
And it does it well!
No more hassle trying to figure out who owns what. This app generates nice reports, is easy to use, it's fast, and can even quickly share the results to all your friends.
I also like that you can add more than one person under one name, which makes it very easy to handle couples as a single entity.
This app has helped me tremendously on 2 vacations now. So much easier (and classier) than trying to do the math and figure out who owes exactly what with every meal and little thing you do. We would just each pick up tabs here and there and enter it into splitter and it kept track of everything for us! Then we knew who owed what! I love it!
Simple, Elegant, Effective
Do you travel with or spend a lot of time with a group of friends and have many common expenses amongst yourselves?
Do you use a notepad / memory to keep track of these expenses?
Then this app is for you.
Go on a holiday. All participants spend for activities as and when required - simply note who paid and who all were present for the activity.
Come back and the app generates a pdf file with who owes how much to whom.
It can also handle expenses in multiple currencies.
I also reached out to the developers for some clarifications and I got a response within a day.
Can't recommend enough!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Apr 07, 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Raphael Wichmann
- © 2016, Raphael Wichmann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.