Star Walk ™ - The Astronomy Guide to View Stars, Planets & Night Sky Map
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
***Over 10 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
Star Walk now works with Apple Watch to alert you of upcoming astronomical events.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
What's New in Version 7.2.0
This new update brings you Calendar of astronomy events for 2016, with automatic alerts for global events, ISS passes and iridium flares.
Star Walk now supports native resolution of iPad Pro. We have also fixed iPhone 6s/6s+ object selection bug and few other bugs connected with stable work of the app.
We know we can be sometimes slow with our updates although your supportive reviews and letters give us motivation to move forwards. Please feel free to share the love on the App Store/Facebook/Twitter. We promise we read every note and will do our best to be responsive.
Team Star Walk
This is my all time favorite iPhone app. I highly recommend it if you have the slightest interest in the heavens. This app is so full of information and features (plus, I love the music...;-). If you care about your kids education, get this app for them. I wish I had then when I was a kid in the late sixties all excited about the moon flights. I was spend hours with my telescope, but back then getting information about astronomy was difficult and hard to understand when you are young. Thanks for a wonderful app. I spend many a night outside with it learning all about the universe.
I've never used this app very often but when I DID (emphasis on the past tense here) it was awesome. It used to just magically calibrate the simulation to the real sky by giving your phone a few figure-8 flicks when opening the app, now you have to manually "calibrate" and I can only move the sim screen right or left which is basically useless because I NEED to match it to the moon because I don't KNOW, and can't locate any other recognizable stars/celestial formations myself in order to calibrate it... which is kind of the whole point of this app. So it's basically useless now unless you just want to flick around a night sky sim on your phone. Who needs a real sky anyways?
Top best apps
Ill be short to give this feedback. I can easily rate this app with 5stars. Now If you get a 360 glasses to experience the inbuilt 360 capability features you will have one of the best astronomy experiences. I see a huge potential on this app. The only negative point I can see could be the app position is about 3 degrees wrong compared to the actual position giving you around an inch the wrong to find objects.. but to be honest , that's still very accurate. God job with this one guys. 5stars is definitely the rate
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 10, 2016
- Version: 7.2.0
- Size: 131 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- © 2008-2012 Vito Technology Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.