By Starbucks Coffee Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Starbucks® app for iPhone® is a fast and easy way to pay for your order and earn rewards – no wallet necessary. Discover what songs are playing in our stores, and take the sound of Starbucks with you. Short on time? Customize, pay, and pick up your order from a nearby store, without waiting in line (at participating stores).
• Pay: Use your phone to pay at 7,000 U.S. company-operated Starbucks® stores and 2,500 Target and Safeway Starbucks® locations in the U.S.
• Mobile Order & Pay: Customize and place your order, and pick up from a nearby store without waiting in line.
• Music: Discover what songs are playing in our stores.
• Card: Check your Starbucks Card balance, reload your Card, view your transaction history and transfer balances between Cards.
• Tipping: Leave a digital tip on purchases made with the app at company-operated Starbucks® stores.
• Rewards: Track your Stars and redeem your Rewards and custom offers with the My Starbucks Rewards® loyalty program.
• Gift: Send eGifts to friends.
• Store Locator: Find the stores nearest you, directions, hours and amenities.
What's New in Version 3.4
The Sound of Starbucks
Now, you can discover music playing in participating U.S. Starbucks stores*, save songs to a playlist on Spotify and take the music with you when you leave. Location services must be enabled to use this feature.**
*This functionality and in-store overhead music experience provided by Starbucks.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Thank you for all of you feedback!
Mobile order needs some work
I would give the app 5 stars if not for mobile ordering (which, granted, is a minor feature that is not a requirement to use the app).
I liked the idea of the mobile ordering option when it first came out, but after using it once, and attempting to use it several times later... I won't be using it again until it's more convenient. Some minor changes would make it something worth the effort:
1. Order history: the app remembers my order history, sure, but if I want to change even a small thing like the size (and nothing else) I have to type in the entire order again. Since I usually order a drink that involves a few choices (drip coffee of a certain roast with flavoring), it becomes cumbersome to do this on the go.
2. Order location: ordering in Boston has become a complete nightmare, which is when I stopped even trying to use it. Since there are so many Starbucks locations, and I'm often trying to order while moving, like on a bus or train, the "closest location" is just constantly recalibrating and is rarely the location I want. As many other reviewers have said, maybe you could tap into the favorite stores aspect, already in the app, and have them be the automatic first choices.
Between trying to rewrite my order and selecting the right location, mobile ordering just isn't worth the effort now to use it. I like idea though, and am looking forward to using it once the feature is tightened up.
Good. Could be better...
This app makes it very easy to spend your money at Starbucks. It works pretty well, although there are a few obvious bugs... But I always scratch my head wondering why it seems like app developers for big companies don't test their own apps...
Also, I really wish that you could program your favorite drinks into it and then the baristas could scan my phone and know what I wanted and it would automatically charge my starbucks card. Beep, Done!! Not only would this improve drink accuracy but it would cut down the line at the store by letting people who know what they want get in and out of line in a few seconds. You could also use this to send a drink request to a friend. Imagine you could click a button to send a friend your drink order. That person could pick up coffee for you (and several others)... And the order would be 100% accurate PLUS each individual person would be charged via the app so splitting payment would be easy and uncomplicated. Imagine the convenience!!
So yeah, it works well but a smartphone platform opens the door for a lot of cool features that they apparently haven't thought of yet. Maybe later this year, when their profits reach $100 Billion, they will have the funds they need to hire intelligent developers (and maybe a few testers??) and together in a dangerously caffeinated frenzy they will make the app more reliable and convenient to use!
Love the app... But could be better
I've been using this app for years now and love not needing to carry my card or cash. However wanted to write a review to hopefully get some improvements on the mobile ordering aspect. First off I want to be able to order my coffee in a "for here" mug. Not an option right now and seems easy enough to do. Also would like to be able to redeem my free menu item using the mobile order. Also, I hate how it picks which location to pick up. I still don't know how to change the pick up location. I just fight w it for a few mins trying to figure it out, finally it changes and I can order but I can't figure out what I did to change it so go thru the same issue every time!!!! Also my friend orders a certain tea. But for some reason it does not show the type of tea she ordered on the print out the c/s gets so when she gets there they made her another type of tea. Sorry can't explain more but trust me when I say there is a tea ordering problem. And yes like others have said I wish it would save your last few orders so you don't have to keep setting it all up all over again just because you switch between a few different orders. If you fix these issues you could make it perfect!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 90.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Starbucks Coffee Company
- © 2015 Starbucks Coffee Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.