Tublme · Tumblr on your desktop
By Raken Studio
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tublme is a beautiful and powerful, yet easy to use, Tumblr desktop client. It makes browsing Tumblr a whole new experience with its minimalistic approach.
PRESS AND USERS
'It boasts a powerful feature-set and comes packaged in a gorgeous, Retina-ready UI. While there have been other native desktop apps available for Mac that use the Tumblr API, none of them come close to Tublme’s features or finesse.'
Preshit Deorukhkar - Beautiful Pixels
'Tublme may be one of the most complete Tumblr clients I've seen.'
Aitor Carbajo - Applesfera
'The Tweetbot of the Tumblr clients!'
As in Twitter, a list is a selected group of users. Just add people (you don't even need to be following them) to a new or existing list and you'll be able to check the list timeline whenever you want.
· Saved searches
Apart from keeping a history of your recent searches, Tublme me lets you save the ones you want.
· Keyboard shortcuts
So you prefer using the keyboard? No problem: browse the Dashboard, make a search or like a post using simple keyboard shortcuts.
· Multiple accounts
You can add as many Tumblr accounts as you want and change from one to another instantly.
· Simultaneous uploads
Are you uploading a very heavy post and, meanwhile, you have finished writing a new one? No need to wait. Publish it and Tublme will take care of it all.
· Work offline
Did your Internet connection failed? Was there an error while uploading? Did you have to cancel your upload? Tublme saves your post automatically for you to try again later.
· Notification center
When publishing a post, when you have new followers, etc. And if you prefer using Growl, no problem, Tublme is compatible.
· Retina ready
Tublme is optimized for the new MacBook Pro Retina Display.
- Beautiful interface
- Icon at the dock, at the menubar or both
- Markdown, HTML and RTE support.
- Quickview support when viewing posts (Space bar key)
- Lots of kitties…
Due to some restrictions in Tumblr's API it's impossible for us at the time to add the next features to Tublme:
- Messages and questions
- Changing your Tumblr account settings
- Answers to posts
- Synchronization of saved searches
If you need to get in touch with us to ask something, send us your comments, etc, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Tumblr at http://tublme.tumblr.com, our website http://tubl.me or follow @tublme at Twitter.
* Tublme sends your login information directly to Tumblr using Xauth over SSL. We never read your login information.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
* Added some missing notes types.
* Added a preference to disable notifications completely.
* Added a blog menu option to disable notifications per blog.
* The app now uses custom scrollbars to improve usability for users without a mouse wheel.
* Fixed a crash when right-clicking a post in some environments.
* Fixed lists limit of 10 blogs per list, you can now add 20.
* Lists now won't reload when adding blogs.
* Fixed and improved Markdown editor. Now it works correctly when posting and editing posts.
* Fixed schemeless links in HTML editor. (i.e. it fixes YouTube links).
* The Dashboard and your blogs are refreshed when posting and, if you edit a post, it refreshes in place without reloading the whole blog.
* Reblog checkboxes now remember their last status.
* New menubar icon.
* Improved video playback performance in 10.9.
* Fixed posts having an erroneous height in some very rare cases.
* Fixed some white noise in the window's top corners. Now they are pixel-perfect :)
* Fixed dashboard infinite loading when reaching 250 posts. Now it stops loading (please note that this is a limitation of Tumblr's API).
* Some usability improvements.
* Fixed some localization mistakes.
Out of all the Tumblr clients I’ve been able to find for Mac, this is probably the best. It’s got a nice UI, and some very good features. Unfortunately, even with a fairly limited follow list, it’s a bit of a memory hog. I shudder to think of what it would be like if I were following hundreds of Tumblrs, instead of nearly thirty. And the whole reason I wanted a Tumblr client in the first place was that I didn’t want to have to open up Chrome every time I wanted to check my account. So it kind of defeats that purpose if you’re constantly eyeing the memory stats, in fear that you’ll suddenly find your computer using up GB upon GB of memory and running slower than frozen molasses.
If the devs are already working on this for the next version, I will withdraw my criticism when I see it. But until then, I can only honestly give this app 4 stars.
Love this app!
Best Tumblr app! Only thing missing is the option to go back and change the post date of posts. Please add this to the next update!
Good but needs work
Pro: Nice interface and easy to use.
Con: “Answer” posts don’t always load the response properly. App crashes CONSTANTLY.