Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover and create the stuff you love. If you love stuff, stop reading this, get the app, and just start having fun. You’ll probably never be bored again.
- Whatever you’re into, people are making and sharing stuff about it on their Tumblrs.
- They’re posting photos, GIFs, text, videos, audio, anything. Passion takes many forms on Tumblr.
- Follow artists, musicians, comedians, designers, thinkers, scientists, publications, architects, firemen—you know, interesting people. All the interesting people are here.
- Plenty of ways to find the good stuff. Search for it, or just check out what's popular/interesting/weird/wonderful.
- You get your own Tumblr, too, obviously. Post whatever you want, or reblog other people’s stuff. Add commentary if you like. Make it your own. Other people will do the same to your posts. That’s how you meet people here.
- You can also just send private messages to the people you follow, if that’s more your thing. Tumblr is yours. Be how you wanna be.
- Make your Tumblr look however you want. Custom header images, fonts, colors, all that. Use an animated GIF for you header image if you want. We can’t stop you.
Tumblr is yours. Welcome to Tumblr.
What's New in Version 5.8
Version 5.8 is what we’re calling this one. Here’s the newest thing:
Now messaging windows gently suggest some things to talk about with Tumblrs you're about to message for the first time. In case you panic under pressure and forget everything.
If you need some more things to talk about, even in your daily life, here are some things:
• Frosted animal crackers: any good?
• What is the name “Kirk” short for?
• How heavy is a tank, do you think?
• How heavy is two tanks?
Awful, horrible garbage
I love Tumblr's user base and the content on there but this app, and the website, is completely broken at any given time. It has so much potential but instead of listening to the constructive criticism from its countless users it just adds more dumb random features that nobody asked for and doesn't have any standards of quality. They refuse to fix things that have been broken for many versions now, like the video player, or how when you leave the app it randomly refreshes and you lose you place on your dash. Recently the app was randomly shuffling the order of my blogs every time I opened it so when they finally updated it again I was stoked because I assumed they had fixed that, since it was incredibly annoying. Low and behold, now the app won't open for me at all, it just crashes immediately.
Tumblr has lots of money and lots of users, but apparently does not like to spend that money for the better of their users because no one asked for message suggestions (the newest "feature"), people want tag blacklists and more accessibility but no, we get another stupid thing we didn't want. This is so consistent that there is an outside extension/app with the sole purpose of fixing these things, whose team does so FOR FREE. Please, for the love of god, listen to your users, stop adding useless crap no one wants, have some gd quality control, and test your gd app before updating it. I'm sick of this tbh. I just wanna reblog cartoons.
I don't even know anymore
Okay listen guys. I'm sure it's a tough gig having to keep up an app and website. Sure. But after doing it for so many years, you'd think you'd maybe...I don't know, get better at it?
I've had a lot of patience with this app. A lot. It seems like there are changes in the updates, sure, but none of them are good? It's like the app is updated just for the sake of being updated. There have been no benefits whatsoever in the most recent update. The videos now require the phone to be on ring in order to have sound. Why? Vine finally got rid of that, and now your bringing it back? And the news feed. The. News. Feed. It's broken. When I tag my friends in something and they don't like/reblog it, but they're on tumblr, I have to ask them "Hey, did you see that post I tagged you in?" You know what they say? No. And many a time I have scrolled through my dash to see a post with my url in the mentions, only to go to my news feed and see nothing there.
Stop shitting around with the "cosmetic and aesthetic" issues, and start dealing with the actual functionality issues. Please. The little things you DO change, are so insignificant and unimportant that nobody notices or cares. Just worry about making your app work, please.
It's not horrible, but it's definitely crashing a LOT more than usual (which, for me, was basically never). I also noticed a few bugs in blog edit mode, if I tried to type a description I couldn't see it at all; it would only show the top posts on my blog and I couldn't scroll up to see what I was typing. So that was annoying. Something else, I tend to listen to music on there a lot, and now the music stops playing whenever I exit the app or hit the power button on my phone. It never used to do that, it would keep playing unless you stopped it with the pause button in app. So now if I want to listen to music, I have to keep tumblr open on my phone and continuously tap at the screen so my phone won't shut off and stop playing. Obviously I have complaints about the tumblr app in general... but for this specific update, that's about it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 5.8
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tumblr, Inc.
- © 2016 Tumblr, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.