Official app of Salvamento Marítimo (SASEMAR) - Salvamento Marítimo SafeTrx app allows you to register your vessel and plan your journey on your Smartphone.
Registering vessel and journey information couldn’t be any easier. Follow an easy to understand registration process to register your contact and vessel details within the application. Choose from the menu options to plan and file your trip (Sail Plan mode) or just activate the tracking function of the app (Track only mode).
To file a Sail Plan, choose your vessel, add the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), enter the number of persons on board and the activity type. Using the built-in maps, select a starting point, an optional waypoint and the end destination. Once this is completed simply press the ‘set sail’ button when you are ready to start your journey.
Pressing ‘set sail’ will register the journey details with Salvamento Marítimo’s computer server and will activate position reporting in the app. At regular intervals the app will send a position report to the server and your emergency contacts will be automatically alerted 30 minutes after the journey exceeds the ETA.
At any stage during the journey you can end your trip, revise the ETA, number of people on board or the destination.
Use the Salvamento Marítimo SafeTrx app to:
- Improve maritime trip planning with your own personalised checklist to be included as part of your Sail Plan.
- Activate an emergency call while your trip is in progress. (iPhone only)
- Quickly start your trip using the ‘Track only’ mode to begin tracking at a touch of a button.
- Store up to 20 trips in your Mobile Logbook and replay trips within the app in video playback mode.
View your journey history and manage your vessels, emergency contacts and other important information through the Salvamento Marítimo SafeTrx boater site - https://safetrx.salvamentomaritimo.es
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Please note - This application doesn’t replace GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety System) equipment on board. The information and functions provided in this application are provided on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use. Safety at sea is a serious consideration. In emergency circumstances, you should not rely solely on the information and functions provided in this application, but seek information and assistance from as many sources as possible. This application may provide you with information and assistance relevant to your current locations, as determined by the mobile device that you are using. However, the devices and the telecommunications systems that support them are inherently unreliable and there is a risk that there will be no connectivity between your mobile device and global positioning systems. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted connectivity between your mobile device and global positioning systems. You assume all risk associated with using this application.
‘Divers Down’ Flag - Use the new ‘Divers Down’ feature to notify other vessels within a 1-kilometre radius that there are divers active in the area. Create a Sail Plan and set your activity to 'Diving'. Tap the 'Divers Down' button on the 'Trip in Progress' screen when divers have entered the water and the 'Divers Up' button when they are safely back on board.
Incident Photo - Send Salvamento Marítimo a photo of an incident or sighting, along with the location of the photo and your own location. Press the 'Call for Help' button and then the camera button to send a photo.
Adjusted the contrast on navigation buttons for improved visibility in bright sunlight.
Ratings and Reviews
No me funciona la app desde hace varios días
He estado navegando sin problema con la app, puedo entrar con mis claves en la web de SM, pero la app no me deja entrar desde hace varios días. He puesto incidencia en SM y no me contestan. Considero esto un mal servicio
- Sociedad de Salvamento y Seguridad Maritima
- 35.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Sociedad de Salvamento y Seguridad Marítima
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.