21st Century FEMA Study Course
Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies (IS-15.b) - Concerts, Carnivals, Air Shows, Parades, Fairs, Aquatic Events, Festivals, Conventions
David N. Spires
Este libro está disponible para descargarlo con iBooks en tu Mac o dispositivo iOS, y con iTunes en tu ordenador. Puedes usar iBooks para leer libros en tu Mac o dispositivo iOS.
This vital Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) independent training course manual from the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) provides public safety agency personnel information related to pre-event planning, forming the planning team, event hazard analysis, and responding to incidents during special events in their community.
The primary audience is Emergency managers, personnel from emergency operations organizations such as law enforcement, fire, medical services, and public works, and representatives from other community organizations, both public and private, for whom special event planning is not a regular responsibility.
This course introduces you to planning for or conducting a special event. At the end of this course, you should be able to:
* Define a special event.
* Identify the hazards and associated risks to address when planning for any event.
* Describe the importance of pre-event planning and determine who should be included on the planning team.
* List the key issues you should consider during the pre-event planning process.
* Identify three spectator management and crowd-control issues.
* Describe the special risks associated with high-profile or controversial events.
* Describe why the Incident Command System (ICS) should be used to manage special events.
* Match the tasks that must be completed during any event to the agency with responsibility for the task.
* Determine when specific types of events require special planning considerations.
As a bonus, this compilation includes Terrorism and Other Public Health Emergencies, A Reference Guide: a comprehensive book covering all aspects of terrorism and the threats posed by biological, chemical, and radiation agents. Planning For The Unthinkable: Preparation And Response In Public Health * Biological Agents * Chemical Agents * Radiation Emergencies * Terrorism And The Food Supply * Environmental Safety And Testing * The Role Of The Federal Government * Self-Care For Media * Range Of Public Reactions * Risk Communications During A Terrorist Attack Or Other Public Health Emergency * History Of Biological, Chemical, And Radiation Emergencies * Acronyms * Selected Web Sites * Epidemiology Glossary * Descriptions of Selected Sections of Acts Related to Public Health Emergencies * Family Disaster Planning—Five Steps to Safety * Disaster Supplies Kit * Personal Workplace Disaster Supplies Kit * Self-Monitoring Checklist * Reducing Stress and Renewing Energy * Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters.
This is a privately authored news service and educational publication of Progressive Management.
- 10,99 €
- Categoría: Estilo de vida y hogar
- Publicación: 17/06/2011
- Editorial: Progressive Management
- Páginas impresas: 431 páginas
- Idioma: Inglés