Air Navigation Pro
By Xample Sarl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Air Navigation is flight planning and real time navigation application for pilots.
Air Navigation uses the internal (or external) GPS module and gyroscopes to compute the position, speed and attitude.
Planning a route can be done in seconds.
Un large number of add-on maps and data is available for download from within the application. The complete list of free and commercial maps and other products are available on our website www.xample.ch in the add ons section.
The application supports the following type of data:
- Aeronautical waypoints (more than 160000)
- Airspaces (more than 50 countries)
- Free maps (open source or from the public domain)
- ICAO navigation charts and Sectional charts
- Approach charts (check list of countries available)
- Free Digital Elevation Model
- Aerial photos and commercial digital elevation model for the synthetic vision and terrain awareness features
- Notams (requires a subscription)
Air Navigation allows local flight recording or online flight tracking from your personal user account (free on our services.xample.ch website)
DETAILED DESCRIPTION ET MANUELS ON OUR WEBSITE http://www.xample.ch
- 2D moving map (follows GPS location and track orientation) with map, waypoints and airspaces on overlay. Zoom, pan with touch gestures
- Display of navigation waypoints (interactive)
- Display of airspaces (interactive)
- Display of navigation charts
- Display of approach charts
- Display of planned route
- Display of map widgets (position in 2,5,10 minutes, bearing, extended runway, notams, etc)
- Display of terrain elevation profile and airspaces in front of the airplane (with free DEM)
- Terrain Awareness in 2D and 3D (with commercial DEM)
- 3D Synthetic vision with realistic view of the terrain. Support for internal gyros or external AHRS boxes. Displays speed, altitude, attitude, course. Support for external modules with static and dynamic pressure sensors.
- Live flight tracking, requires data connection and a free account on our website
- Multilegs Route editor with wind correction, speed, distance, headings and fuel computation.
- Direct to
- Weight and Balance
- Logbook, automatically record block and flight time.
- Instruments, HSI,VOR, ADF, Compas, Altimeter, groundspeed
- Custom point editor
- Support for external modules such as: Levil, Flytec, Flynet2, etc
- Support for connecting to X-Plane and Flight Simulator X (free plugin available on our website)
- Support for synchronizing routes from Air Navigation for OS X
An iPhone/iPod with a GPS is required to use realtime navigation modules. Internal GPS is disabled when the iPhone's "Airplane mode" is active. Works with external GPS kit for iPod touch and iPhone.
The accuracy of the navigation instruments is better when the iPhone has a clear view of the sky (near the front cockpit for ex.). It may take 1 to 3 minutes to acquire a good GPS signal..
Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
- Fixed a crash that affected some of iPhone users
- Fixed 2D terrain awareness issue
- Added Italian localisation
- 44,99 €
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 13 January 2014
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 123 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Xample Sarl
- © 2008-2012 Xample
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- ANC 1:500 000: Whole Finland33,99 €
- Finland ANC 500k 2013-201433,99 €
- 3D Data for EFIS - Finland44,99 €
- VFR 1:100 000: municipality area of Finland16,99 €
- Finland Helsinki 2013 VFR 100k9,99 €
- UK 250k 1-Nothern Scotland West ed 721,99 €
- UK 250k 3-Northern Ireland ed 821,99 €
- USA - Florida 3D data21,99 €
- UK 500k Scotland ed 2923,99 €
- Norway ICAO 201233,99 €