Miko - It Was Me, Mom!
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Miko wants to see how far his new ball will bounce, but when it bounces right into Mom’s favorite vase, he knows he’s in trouble. Should he hide it? Should he make up a story? None of those ideas seem right. When Mom comes home, Miko decides that maybe telling the truth won’t be so bad after all. This is a funny and adorable look at the ethical dilemmas every child faces, told on their level.
Miko- It Was Me, Mom! is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn. The app is based on Brigitte Weninger’s book by the same name, illustrated by Stephanie Roehe. It is the second book app of the famous Miko series.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Teach them how to make something artsy and useful out of waste.
-Honesty is the best policy. Teach this through the story of Miko.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“What colors are the candies?”
-“Can you point out in this room and tell me things that are precious to me?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.7
Bug Fix and Optimizations
- 1,99 €
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 29 January 2015
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 80.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Auryn, Inc
- © 2011 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.