By Yuuki Nishiyama
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
[About AWARE Client]
AWARE Client iOS is a sensing framework dedicated to an instrument, infer, log and share mobile context information, for smartphone users and researchers. AWARE captures hardware-, software-, and human-based data.
[Individuals: Record your data]
By using the AWARE Dashboard, you can enable or disable sensors. Privacy is enforced by design, so AWARE does not log personal information, such as phone numbers or contacts information. Also, the data is saved locally on your mobile phone temporary. AWARE upload the data to the AWARE server automatically if the device has a Wi-Fi network and is charged battery.
[Scientists: Run studies]
Running a mobile related study has never been easier. Install AWARE on the participants phone, select the data you want to collect and that is it. If you use the own AWARE server, you can set mobile questionary.
[How to use AWARE Client iOS]
1. Set a study on AWARE Dashboard
1-1. Please access to AWARE Dashboard by a web browser Make a study by "Create Study" button
1-2. Select required sensors from a sensor list for your study
1-3. Make a QR code by "Show QRcode" button
2. Join the study by AWARE client
2-1. For joining the study, please read the QR code by a QR code reader on the AWARE client
2-2. Install SSL certification file for a secure connection
2-3. Push a 'refresh button' on the navigation bar
3. AWARE collects and uploads your contexts in the background automatically
4. You can quit the study by 'Quit Study' button
AWARE can collect following contexts and sensor data in the background:
- Location (GPS, Barometer, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth)
- Motion (Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Gravity, Linear Accelerometer, Magnetometer, and Activity Recognition)
- Ambient Noise (Audio Features)
- Device Usage (Screen State and Phone Call Events)
- Network State (Wi-Fi or Mobile Network)
- Weather Data (from Open Weather Map)
- BLE Devices (HeartBeart sensor and MicrosoftBand)
- Calendar Events
- ESM: Experimental Sampling Method (Mobile Questionary)
** NOTE **
This application uses location sensor in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.9.8
Fixed errors of iOS-ESM's randomize/expiration function
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 16 December 2016
- Version: 1.9.8
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: Yuuki Nishiyama
- © Yuuki Nishiyama
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.