Wordflex Touch Dictionary
By Robert Scheiner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BRAIN-FRIENDLY DICTIONARY - visit http://wordflex.com for a full-length video, media reviews and more.
Developed exclusively for iPad and with rich content from the Oxford University Press, this fun, fascinating tool offers a truly engaging reference for word lovers of all ages and interests. By using your fingers to manipulate word trees, you will experience language as an interactive adventure, and will find information quickly and easily.
Wordflex is the tool of choice for:
• Writers looking for just the right word to add meaning to their text.
• Students who want learning to be more fun, exciting and viral.
• Teachers building visuals for lesson plans.
• Crosswords and word games fanatics.
• Word nerds and logophiles digging deep into linguistic complexities.
• Artists and decorators looking for ways to bring art and meaning into a space (via high-resolution output capabilities).
Now Free for Basic Use
Explore mind-maps of up to 20 unique words per day and share them via social media; scroll word usage examples without limitations - the free package offers more than the average user’s needs. For more serious readers, writers, learners, and logophiles, ‘linguistic nirvana’ can be reached at the tap of a button - single in-app upgrade unlocks the Full version, i.e. removes the daily quota and adds sharing of high-resolution word posters via email, print and the photo library. Upgrade today and take advantage of our limited introductory price. Owners of previous versions are not required to pay again for the full features.
4th Year on the AppStore
• Featured in ‘New & Noteworthy’, ‘What's Hot’, ‘Back to School’ and even ‘iPad's App of the Week’.
• 5-star user reviews
Rapturous Media Reviews
‘Truly an app worthy of iPad…’ – Nate Adcock, iPhoneLife
‘One of those “wow” apps…’ – Karen Freeman, AppAdvice
‘Visually stunning and aesthetically satisfying, Wordflex has taken the English Oxford Dictionary to the next level.’- Asam Shah, TheNextWeb
‘Caution: If you’re a word geek, it's easy to spend hours…’ – The MacTrack
‘A spectacular demonstration of how tablet technology can meaningfully put massive data at the fingertips of learners.’ - EducatingApps
‘Logophiles Rejoice! It is so easy to use and thorough that it may convert an emergency-only dictionary reader into a meaning-obsessed daily user.’ - iPad2Wallpaper
• Tree-based view that allows natural navigation of even the most complex entries.
• Three of Oxford's flagship titles with latest coverage of both American and British English compiled into one extensive information resource with over two million ‘language mind-nodes’.
• Intuitive gestures that mimic the elemental fun of exploring a language.
• Functionality to share word posters via social media, email or large-scale print.
• Ability to slide from one tree to another and back quickly and seamlessly.
• Human-voiced pronunciations in both American and British English.
• Tailor-made illustrations.
• Off-line content - except for sharing word posters, no network needed.
• Action history and bookmarking of any specific point.
• A ‘fly-through’ that randomly presents words and other language features.
Powered by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus which contains over 2 billion words of real 21st century English, the following titles have been integrated into Wordflex, together with their latest 2014 updates.
• Oxford Dictionary of English (ISBN9780199571123)
The foremost single-volume authority on the English language with 355,000 words, phrases and definitions, 12,000 encyclopedic entries, and 68,000 examples.
• New Oxford American Dictionary (ISBN9780195392883)
Similar in extent and scope to the title above, this is Oxford’s flagship of U.S. English.
• Oxford Thesaurus of English (ISBN9780199560813)
The gold standard of comprehensive synonym and antonym resources.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fixes the crash in iOS 7.0.x and several other minor inconsistencies.