Concepts - Sketch, Design, Illustrate
By TopHatch, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD, PDF and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack and other in-app purchases:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
- PDF IMPORTS & EXPORTS. Maintain clarity, format, scale and style with standardized PDF docs, available as a separate in-app purchase.
- OBJECT LIBRARIES. For quick work, drag-and-drop pre-made or custom vector objects straight into your sketch. Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store. Or, design your own and use them in-app or on iMessage.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker, Airbrush and Watercolor. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to email@example.com, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.6.1
We’re so happy you’re happy with the new Hard & Soft Pencils, the Soft Eraser, Gallery Sorting, and Apple Pencil updates in 4.6. In this version - 4.6.1 - we’ve fixed a number of bugs and improved stability.
Generally speaking though, that makes for a pretty unexciting update status. So here are a few more things:
- Updated the Wacom, Adonit, and Pencil by FiftyThree SDKs with better support for the iPad Pro.
- Added a preference to disable canvas rotation.
- Objects you create and use are now inserted at their original scale (independent of zoom).
Since you’ve read this far, here’s a secret: We’re working on something big, and it’s so big, you might call it Concepts 5.0. It’ll be landing sometime this Fall, and if you’re paying attention on Instagram and Medium (@ConceptsApp) you might see something more.
As always, we love your feedback and five-star reviews. Thanks and keep ‘em coming!
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 August 2017
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 137 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack8,99 €
- PDF Essentials5,49 €
- DIY Stickers4,49 €
- Shape Library2,29 €
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)4,49 €
- 3 Object Pack Credits5,49 €
- 10 Object Packs16,99 €
- 5 Object Pack Credits 8,99 €
- Pro Pack [Legacy]8,99 €
- Blueprint | Structure2,29 €