Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad — build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-to-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content — including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected — all from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials — including documents, worksheets, web links, photos and videos
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, the App Store and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments and completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-to-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue to make them available to everyone for free
• Institutions using Apple School Manager with Managed Apple IDs can now import registers to streamline course creation
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and tick off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside class time with one-to-one discussions
• Start or join group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results and instructor feedback for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalogue of free education content:
• Choose from more than a million free lectures, videos, books and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Shared iPad and Managed Apple IDs require iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later or iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• Register import requires Managed Apple IDs
What's New in Version 3.3
• Import Managed Class Registers from Apple School Manager
• Guide students to specific iTunes U Courses from the Classroom app
• Add materials from various document providers (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
• Use Explain Everything and Notability project files as course materials or hand-ins from students
• Minor performance and stability improvements
- Category: Education
- Updated: 07 June 2016
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 42.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.