By Portable Databases
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
*** The In-Depth Guide on our website has screenshots and video demos that you can review before installing! ***
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- added page right and page left arrow buttons to iPad to quickly pan left and right. Long-press the buttons to go to the first or last page.
- bug fixes
- Category: Business
- Updated: 10 March 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Portable Databases
- © 2010 Portable Databases
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.