------ The Official Starting Strength App * 4.8 Star Average Rating -------
The Starting Strength Method is the fastest, most efficient and straightforward way to increase total body strength for complete beginners.
Here's some reviews from our users
"What do you get when you combine the best method to get stronger with detailed instructional videos, thorough explanations AND an actual day to day program? THIS APP! Finally! Perfect for both beginners and experienced lifters and worth much more than the $8.99 I paid for. Thank you Starting Strength!
"I've tried 2-3 other apps. I've kept paper logs. Nothing has been easier to use than this app. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't enter my warm up sets...its because you don't need to! You enter your work set weight and it tells you exactly what to load on the warmup-ups..."
"Wonderful, straight-forward way to keep DOING THE PROGRAM. A simple and clear way to apply the SS principles and track your work.”
"Like others, I was on the fence about buying this app to help kickstart my starting strength program. This app deserves it's high average rating, and you should pull the trigger if you are reading this.”
"I tried a few free apps before buying this app, this one is well worth the money. Best app out there for barbell training"
Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" has sold over 500,000 copies worldwide and considered the most productive method in existence for anyone beginning a strength training program.
"The best book ever written on strength training" - Jim Wendler, champion powerlifter.
- Complete, easy-to-follow instructions for performing the basic barbell exercises: the squat, press, deadlift, bench press and power clean.
- Walks you through the famous Starting Strength Novice Program -- shows you how to start, what weight to add and when to add extra exercises.
- Designed for use at the gym with quick access to multiple angle videos and photo instructions of each exercise.
- Lift instructions and diagrams from the Starting Strength Book by Mark Rippetoe.
- Interactive logging tools journal your strength progression.
- Warmup and workset calculator shows you exactly how many plates to put on each side of the bar.
- Workset Rest Timer, customisable for each exercise.
- Customise your progression for each exercise.
- Add and save additional notes for each workout, and access previous notes easily.
- Never lose your training data again! Cloud Sync backs up your training log data and restores it across multiple devices.
- Download training log data as CSV (requires account)
- Helpful hints and tutorials help you learn and progress safely.
- How to program the basic exercises into the most effective program for long-term progress.
- Metric (kgs) or Imperials (lbs), and change at any time.
Have any comments, questions or suggestions? Please email us at email@example.com
* Total volume summary lifted post workout
* Issues with progression sometimes not working
We've also added a new section which updates you on the latest news from Starting Strength including useful training articles.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is so good that it can and should be better!
Good strength training (read: not resistance exercise and not Bosu-ball) apps with tools for consistent progression follow up are nonexistent. I will save the one missing star for the future, since my hopes are high about this one.
Good to have
Best feature, imo, is the warm-up set/rep/weigh calculator.
- Shabu Pty Ltd
- 76.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © The Aasgaard Company
- 9,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.