By Brock Haymond
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
(Tap-A-Lap Free contains all the features of Tap-A-Lap but with the distance set to 1.0 mile or 1.0 km. Feel free to try it out before getting the full app!)
The #1 track exercise app in the App Store! Now compatible with iOS 10 and the latest iPhones and iPads (the previous version was built for iOS 3 believe it or not)!
This app is perfect for anyone who would like to run, jog, or walk on any size track for any distance. By tapping to increment your laps it makes it so you don't have to remember what lap you are on and possibly forget or skip a lap! It is especially valuable indoors when you cannot use GPS but still want all of your statistical exercise information. During your exercise the dashboard will display your:
* Lap Pace
* Lap Time (real-time, accurate to tenths of a second)
* Lap Speed
* Laps Completed
* Laps Left
* Average Pace
* Average Lap Time (accurate to tenths of a second)
* Average Speed
* Miles Completed
* Miles Left
* Elapsed Time (real-time)
* Remaining Time (at your current average pace)
* Predicted Time (to complete your run at your current average pace)
* Calories Burnt
* Now integrated with RunKeeper, Facebook, and Twitter!
* Totally reworked and polished user interface with retina graphics!
* Added settings page to easily control all your options in one location.
* Completely customizable Dashboard to show you only the stats you want.
* Added user requested "double tap" to increment your laps option.
* Added the ability to remove a lap accidentally incremented by holding a tap for 2 seconds!
Tap-A-Lap also has the following features (some of which are essential for a track exercise app!):
* Voice audio cues for fast and slow intervals during your exercise (set your intervals by tapping on the clock on the home screen).
* Voice audio cues for starting, pausing, resuming, and completing your run.
* Because it doesn't rely on GPS, it uses significantly less battery life than its GPS cousins. This also makes it perfect for ipod touches that don't have GPS.
* The ability to put in exact mileage and track size, down to hundredths of a mile. The app will calculate to the closest lap the number of laps you will need to run to achieve your desired mileage.
* Just leave mileage blank to exercise by time only and Tap-A-Lap will keep track of how far you have gone.
* All of your statistics are accurate to several decimal places.
* Email the results of each run to yourself and your trainer and input your results manually into Runkeeper.
* Fullscreen button! While the screen shows a button you can tap, for frequent runners it is nice to be able to just slap the screen wherever and have it increment your lap.
* KM or MILES units for international compatibility.
* 90 or 180 beats per minute pacer (for one or both feet) to help you achieve your most efficient running pace.
* Vibration on lap tap so you know that you have incremented your lap count.
* Audible soft "ding" on lap tap so you know that you have incremented your lap count.
* Pause feature that blacks out the screen and pauses all your statistical information until you resume your exercise.
* Stop feature that will immediately end and complete your exercise.
* Disabled lap for 10 seconds after each lap so as to protect from accidentally incrementing the lap.
* Disabled idle screen lock to keep your run uninterrupted.
* Sounds and UI are threaded to produce the smoothest app flow possible.
After your run is completed Tap-A-Lap then provides your individual lap-by-lap mileage, average pace, and lap pace info for detailed results that will help you find the weak spots in your running technique and pace.
* You can then easily post your results directly to Runkeeper, Facebook, and Twitter.
* You can also email your results and a screenshot of your final statistics to yourself and your trainer.
Thanks for checking out Tap-A-Lap, I will love to hear your feedback and read your reviews!
What's New in Version 2.2
Fully updated for iOS 10 and the latest iPhones!
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 22 February 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Brock Haymond
- © 2011-2012 Brock Haymond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.