By Jonas Lindblom
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An easy-to-use GPS recording application that lets you record, store, view and share GPS tracks and your current location. The recordings are displayed on maps directly within the app for maximum quality. A must have application when out walking in the forest or exercising. When running on iOS4 (or later) supporting Location Background Mode (such as the 3GS or iPhone4), TrackRec will continue tracking in the background. Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Tracks and your location can be uploaded to the TrackRec web server, and you can send links to friends and family such that they can see in real-time where you are or have been directly in their web browser.
* You can see your current track grow in real-time on a map within the app.
* You can view previously saved tracks on maps, and also see your current location, such that you can re-take that scenic walk/drive.
* Track info comprises length, duration, start time, and average speed.
* Support for both kilometers and miles through iPhone settings.
* GPS accuracy is configurable through settings to allow for energy saving.
* A convenient lock slider to prevent stopping by mistake.
* Picks up tracking where you left off, meaning you can continue tracking after having been out of GPS reception.
* Export tracks in KML, GPX or CSV format directly by sending it as an email attachment from within app. The exported files can later be opened directly in 3rd party software.
* Supports plain, satellite or hybrid maps.
* Upload up to 10 tracks + your current location to the TrackRec server and share with your friends and family by sending them a compact link for viewing directly in their web browser.
* You can share uploaded tracks using email, twitter or copy the URL to the clip board, all conveniently from within the app.
* Completely free, no hidden fees anywhere!
Only for iPhone 3G/3GS (or iPad 3G) running iOS3.0 or later. Will run on iPods and iPads without GPS hardware, but the accuracy of tracks / locations will be very limited.
Many new features are planned for future upgrades, if the app is well received. If you use and enjoy it, please consider rating it in the App Store!
More info on trackrec.blogspot.com or TrackRec on Twitter.
Credits to http://glyphish.com for the Tab bar icons.
What's New in Version 3.0
- Major update: TrackRec is now storing also altitude, timestamp and vertical accuracy with each location update
- Support for exporting more file formats. It is now possible to share tracks via email also in GPX and "Raw" (comma separated value .csv) formats
- Updated Icons and UI
- Bugfix: sometimes there was a problem starting location sharing more than once (without restarting the app)
If you use and enjoy TrackRec, please take a moment to rate it in the App store. If you spot bugs, have suggestions for improvements, or need help, please visit http://trackrec.blogspot.com/
Todella tarkka! Suosittelen!
and works fine! But I don't understand why forest picture for icon and first page?? Please redesign them.