By Matthias Gansrigler
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Yoink simplifies drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps.
Featured by Apple in the categories 'Invaluable Utilities', 'Get Stuff Done', 'Staff Favorites', 'New and Noteworthy' and 'New Year, New You'
When you start dragging a file in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the drop and resume the drag from Yoink's window.
For a video and further information please visit Yoink's website.
Here's what some customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
"Love it - always getting better!" - Ignolopi, US App Store
"A must-have app!" - mc_razza, Australian App Store
"Use it every day since I bought this app two years ago" - Bogidawn, US App Store
"Drag & drop, super simplified" - don_gmt, Swiss App Store
"Indispensable" - Man73, French App Store
"A must for your toolbox" - frankmurf, US App Store
"Perfection" - Peripheral, US App Store
"This is a fantastic app. So simple to use and a great timesaver." - danmac147, Irish App Store
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"Yoink is a shelf. You put things on it. You take things off it. It's just a shelf. And you need it." - David Michael Ross, davidmichaelross.com
"Yoink makes drag and drop easier." - Dan Frakes, Macworld
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink really makes the whole drag and drop process much less stressful." - Whitson Gordon, lifehacker.com
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at email@example.com, or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
Yoink 3.0.5 brings the following new features, improvements and bug fixes:
- Portuguese Translation
- Double-click onto a file with the option key pressed to instantly select all files of the same type in Yoink
- List of ignored apps now includes Finder and Dock
- List of ignored apps is now sorted alphabetically
- Yoink reacts to renaming or deleting of files in Finder
- Performance improvements when watching for drags (less load on the system, less battery drain)
- Drag recognition improved in general
- When the keyboard shortcut is pressed to show Yoink manually, there's no delay anymore to show files in it
- Improved support for Microsoft Word, SketchBook, Adobe Bridge and Lightroom
- If Yoink is set up to show at the mouse location, it now shows always below the mouse cursor, not at what appeared to be random locations around the mouse cursor
- Performance improvements regarding QuickLook (icon) Previews
- Files don't disappear for a short period of time anymore when Yoink's window position or size is changed
- If a stack is selected and then split up, the resulting files are now selected, too
- Color Swatches now work with iWork Apps
- Yoink now puts less stress on the CPU when waiting for larger file drags to be fully created
- Fixed a bug that caused Yoink's window to disappear even though something was dropped on it
- Fixed a bug where Yoink would fade out when dragging from an ignored app even though it was forced to show by its keyboard shortcut
- Fixed a bug where Yoink would fade in again even though it was manually hidden by its keyboard shortcut
- Fixed a bug where, when shown at the mouse location, the arrow in Yoink's window would animate
- Fixed a bug where, if Yoink is set up to show if the mouse is at the edge of the screen, Yoink would show up immediately at drag start if files were already in it
- Fixed a cosmetic bug where Yoink would blink once after dragging out all files
- Fixed a cosmetic bug where Yoink wouldn't show the drag area if files were already in it
- Fixed a bug where Yoink would show up if a drag happened in the Mac App Store app
- Fixed a bug where, after changing the setting for Yoink to show up at the mouse location, Yoink's window would revert to left- or right center
- Fixed a bug where the app could be launched twice
- Fixed a bug regarding QuickLook Previews during launch time
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Yoink's buttons wouldn't work after a restart of the app
- Fixed a bug where color swatches didn't work when dragged to Yoink
- Fixed a couple of bugs regarding files and the OS X sandbox
- Some fixes regarding memory / resource management
Thank you for using Yoink and the great feedback you've been giving me.
If you have a minute, please consider leaving a little review on the Mac App Store - it would mean a lot to me.
I'd like to invite you to my blog at http://blog.eternalstorms.at or to follow me on twitter (@YoinkApp or @eternalstorms) if you'd like to follow the development process of my apps or get tips and tricks on how to get the most out of them.
Thank you kindly,
- 4,99 €
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 27 February 2015
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese
- Developer: Matthias Gansrigler
- © 2015, Eternal Storms Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor