Take simple steps to better health by reducing fat, salt and sugar in your diet.
Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, saturated fat, added sugar and kilojoules/calories. FoodSwitch has a database of packaged foods to help you identify those that are better for you.
In three simple steps, FoodSwitch can help you towards better health by reducing the salt, fat and sugar in your diet:
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera;
2. See simple nutrition information on the food you’ve scanned;
3. See similar foods that are healthier based on established nutrition criteria.
4. Identify Vegetarian products easily.
- You can view the nutrition information in two modes:
1. Health Star Ratings – shows the overall healthiness of a product from 0.5 to 5 stars; the higher the star rating, the healthier the food.
2. Traffic Light Labels – if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat;
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised lists.
- Help us track the food supply by sending us pictures of new foods.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why respected health organisations around the world like FoodSwitch!
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions http://www.georgeinstitute.org/projects/foodswitch.
Updated product database.
- The George Institute for Global Health
- 90.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The George Institute for Global Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.