AskAudio: "Super fun, intuitive interface, combines visual and audio elements well, immediately usable for beginners, deep features for pros"
CDM: "fluXpad is an insanely immediate music drawing tool for iPad"
SoundBytesMag: "In short, this is a very fun program. Cheap, very powerful, with a unique interface that makes you think about music and sound shaping in a visual, hands-on way that is (mostly) free from dealing with numbers."
Justin Vernon / Bon Iver: „I’m LOVING fluXpad. Working with it all last week week... so fun. Just JAMMING on it!“
MusicAppBlog: "for those of a more experimental nature, those who get a bit of a buzz from the unconventional and, yes, even for those who don’t actually see themselves as musicians, fluXpad will have an obvious appeal; it’s quirky, novel and a heck of a lot of fun."
fluXpad is the first sample sequencer that fully functions by simply drawing the sounds. In fluXpad it’s super simple to record your own sounds, to create different pattern and to jam with them.
fluXpad is a sample based groovebox/workstation with a highly original sequencer, where you “draw“ your music, which leads to completely different results, when compared to a traditional sequencer. The y-axis of your canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the sustain of your notes. Sounds familiar, but drawing on a canvas without any grid is a totally new experience. Of course it is possible to quantize your notes, or you can limit your note range to major or minor scales.
fluXpad has been developed by Mouse on Mars and Jan T. v. Falkenstein
– 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
– 1 percussion/drum sequencer where you paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
– record mode: either paint your sequence (on the top) or tap your notes (at the bottom)
– each sound has its own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
– quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
– 7 patterns to jam with, for each preset
– ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
– import samples via iTunes or AudioShare
– huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
– lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
– ability to buy new projects/sounds via In-App-Purchase
– ability to export/backup your projects (including sounds)
– Audiobus supported
– IAA sync supported
– Ableton Link supported
– ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Concept: Andi Toma & Jan St Werner (Mouse On Mars), Jan T. v. Falkenstein, Florian Grote
Development: Jan T. v. Falkenstein (TeaTracks)
Visual & font design: Gabriele T. v. Falkenstein (TeaTracks)
UX design: Jan T. v. Falkenstein, Florian Grote, Gabriele T. v. Falkenstein, Mouse On Mars
1.2.1: Various bug fixes
Version 1.2. : This version includes the first iteration of a song mode! Interconnect sequences to create longer loops!
Bugs fixes include:
- IAA support is fixed
- AudioShare import should work again
- some stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Excellente idée, à perfectionner
Bugs sur le undo redo qui agit dans un ordre aléatoire (iPad Pro). Le double click permettant douvrir la page pour enregistrer et régler les samples n’agit qu’aléatoirement, il faut fermer et réouvrir l’app pour qu’il fonctionne à nouveau.
Idem pour l’appui long permettant de régler la signature rythmique.
Manque une option basique permettant de lire l’ensemble des séquences en boucle.
Midi out, voir in, serait bienvenu
des crashs sans sauvegarde..
défauts de jeunesse sans doute.
Edit: en lieu et place de bug fixes on nous propose des achats intégrés. A 7€99 l'appli, ils auraient pu nous les filer gratuits.
Même la lecture éteinte sa continue à faire du son CÔMME si qui aurais de l'éco sur mon IPAS 3 9.3.5 je suis toujours obliger d'éteindre est rallume l iPad pour que le probleme parte .
- MoMinstruments GbR
- 101.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mouse on Mars & Jan T.v. Falkenstein
- 8,99 €
- In-App Purchases
- DJs Collapse 1,09 €
- Gajek - Tarn Chess & Can Hole 2,29 €
- Funkstörung - Fiat Flux! 2,29 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.