"A vibrantly drawn, highly interactive app ... It should be a winner with young children."—School Library Journal
Discover a storybook app—rich in opportunities for family game and story time—that puts a twist on the Little Red Riding Hood tale! Starring one spunky Grandma, two loyal dogs, and three hungry forest animals!
-Common Sense Media's "Best Book Apps for Kids" list
- Geeks with Juniors "Top 60 Apps of 2016."
- Winner of the Tech with Kids "Best Pick App" award;
- Teachers with Apps "Badge of Excellence
- Children's Technology Review's "New & Noteworthy App.
Our app is based on a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2013 children's picture book "Grandma and the Great Gourd: A Bengali Folktale," retold by best-selling author Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and illustrated by Susy Pilgrim Waters. It features an original music score and voiceover by award-winning composer and voice artist Kamala Sankaram, recognized as "one of "10 cutting edge artists that have captured the imagination" (WQXR) and “strikingly original” (The New York Times).
You will get 4 rich experiences in your one-time download:
READ: An animated, interactive adventure story rich in gameplay
ROLL: A rollicking, physics-inspired mini-game where you launch Grandma's gourd into the forest & unlock powerful gourds of different shapes and sizes! Created with input from science educators.
RECORD: Children and grownups can create custom narrations & sound effects. A great tool for bilingual homes and classrooms!
EXPLORE: In-App videos that take users on a virtual field trip to South Asia to get a taste of its food, art, music, language, and clothing.
- Language: How do you say Grandma around the world?
- Dress: Learn to put on a sari!
- Animals: Meet the wildlife of the Sundarbans Forest
- Art: Discover Alpona, a traditional art form
- Food: Make "Puffed Rice Stars"
- Read by Myself and Auto Read for Me modes
- Text highlighting
- Interactive Gardening mini-game
- Free activity guide, "Things to Do with Grandma" for educators and families
- No In-App Purchases; one time download
- All text in Castledown, a dyslexic-friendly font recognized by Wired magazine as a “font designed to help kids learn to read and write”
- Great for traveling: No Internet connection needed to run app or play In-App videos
Recommended Ages: 3-8
Categories: Book, Classics, Folklore, Reading, Literature, Picture Books, Kirkus Award Winner
Please SHARE YOUR REVIEW of Grandma's Great Gourd below. We want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH US
Follow us on Twitter: @LitSafariApps
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/meetgrandma
Grownup Guide: www.grandmasgourd.com/grownupguide
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PUBLISHER
Grandma's Great Gourd is a production of Literary Safari, creators of award-winning storybook & literacy apps Dentist Bird: A West African Folktale ("Fast-paced fun that will keep children coming back for more"—School Library Journal) and HangArt ("Rich in bite-size bits of interactions ... promotes cooperative play"—The New York Times).
Literary Safari is a proud member of the interdisciplinary coalition Diversity in Apps/Children's Media Diversity Initiative which supports the creation of inclusive, equitable, and diverse children’s media. We are also a member of Know What's Inside, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeing to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Subscribe to our mailing list at www.literarysafari.com for news about new apps and updates!
- LITERARY SAFARI INC
- 234.9 Mo
Nécessite iOS 8.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.
- Classé 4+
- © 2016 Literary Safari Inc
- 2,29 €
Prend en charge
Défiez vos amis et consultez les classements et réalisations.
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.