News Explorer is a full-featured yet easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL ICLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS and Atom engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Enhanced support for YouTube feeds.
• Supports Podcast RSS feeds.
• Clean, stylish and distraction-free user interface.
• Article list with thumbnails, adjustable in size and alignment.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references.
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood.
• Font of the news article body and header are adjustable.
• Smart filters
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format.
• Mark items as favorite for later reading.
• Navigate with one click to the original content.
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app.
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way.
• Full text search.
• Full keyboard navigation.
• Open articles in separate tabs or windows, for maximum focus.
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items.
• Full window YouTube videos
• Built-in support to share news items with Instapaper and Pocket.
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and other sharing services.
• Add new RSS, Atom, JSON, Podcast and YouTube feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension.
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form.
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds.
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s.
• Group your subscriptions by using folders.
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop.
• OPML import and export.
• Feed manager let you manage the feeds that should be displayed in the Notification Center.
• Assign keyboard shortcuts to sharing services, including Instapaper and Pocket.
• Simply hit the spacebar to open the next article or to scroll the article when needed.
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites.
• Support for enhanced arrow key navigation with auto expand and collapse of the sidebar and the built-in browser.
• With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, JSON Feed, ATOM and Twitter news feeds
• Supports feeds with Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication.
• iCloud sync based on CloudKit
• Touch Bar
• Spotlight Search
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
News Explorer is one of the best documented news apps with an extensive help page on https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html. If you still have any questions or need support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via email@example.com.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
● Fixed an image extraction bug that may cause a crash with some feeds.
● Fixed an app icon unread badge update issue when using ‘Mark All as Read’ in the Timeline view.
● Added a setting for the new automatic image resizing feature introduced in 1.8.12.
Notes et avis
Great RSS suite
News Explorer is a great RSS app for both macOS and iOS. It syncs through iCloud, which means there’s no need to rely on a third-party (sometime not free) service like Feedly or Feedbin.
On macOS, the reading experience is solid. The UI is sometimes a bit clunky, but nothing really problematic. And the ability to follow Twitter accounts and YouTube channels is awesome.
Only drawback is sometime sync is a bit buggy, especially read articles (marked as unread on my other devices while I already read them). On the other side, I’ve never lost any data. And considering CloudKit wasn’t designed to sync RSS feeds, the developer made a very good job to optimize it for this purpose.
News Explorer beats every macOS RSS client I’ve tried, by far. And it keeps improving! Every new version is better than the previous one. I’m really happy to have bought this app.
- Ron Elemans
- 9.4 Mo
- macOS 10.12.2 ou une version ultérieure, un processeur 64 bits
- Vous devez avoir au moins 17 ans pour télécharger cette app.
- Accès au Web non contrôlé.
- © 2018 Betamagic
- 10,99 €
Prend en charge
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.