Discover one of the most enchanting spots in Paris: the Palais-Royal. Our guide, Ulrike Kasper, an artists and professor of history of arts, will guide you through a fascinating walk. She talks about the history and people, kings, philosophers and revolutionaries, who haunt this monument and the surrounding galleries. The guides is includes an original text, practical information, modern and historic illustrations, as well as a captivating audio version by a storyteller, which, we are sure, will make your visit even more agreeable.
« The Palais-Royal is "the capital in the capital", a city within a city incessantly enthusing one and all. Blending political and cultural history to contemporary culture, the palace is a true image of Paris. Rare are the sites that can demonstrate such concentration of historical events. Amidst takeovers, rebellions, festivals and transient pleasures, the palace would hosts aristocracy at times and common man at others. The facades and sculptures of the Palais-Royal reveal the different layers of French history from the 17th to the 20th centuries.
We will walk in the steps of Richelieu, Louis XIV, Molière, Corneille, Lully, Diderot, Desmoulins, and Cocteau, who lived or went there, and discover the political, literary and cultural events that have shaped this extraordinary edifice.
Reading: Nicole Forup
About the Author
Ulrike Kasper is a painter and art historian. For nearly twenty years, she has been teaching modern and contemporary art at various universities in Paris (Sorbonne - Paris III, Université Américaine à Paris, Université des temps libres à Evry Courcouronnes, Institut d’histoire de l’art de Chatou). Ulrike has published articles and books on the arts, architecture and music and has collaborated in the creation of the contemporary gallery of the Museum of the Cité de la Musique. The city of Paris has become one of her passions, in her lectures, she describes visits integrating history, architecture and the arts, and forging links between the historical Paris and the contemporary world.
The Blue Lion Guides:
- Richly illustrated texts, written by experts
- Encyclopedic references
- Maps of the area and walking itineraries
- Practical information (transportation, opening hours of monuments, restaurants, activities for children, etc.)
- Audio version, read by professional actors to make your discovery of the city more agreeable and comfortable
- No Internet connection required and no roaming: all the content is downloaded with the app
- Directly compatible iPhone/iPad
Other guides will be soon available on App Store!
Contact us: email@example.com
- Adaptation to the latest operating system iOS 10
- Correction of the language in the AppStore description
- Mobile Itineraries
- 71.3 Mo
- Nécessite iOS 6.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.
- Classé 12+
- Scènes rares / légères d’humour vulgaire ou blasphématoire
- Scènes rares / légères réservées aux adultes (suggestives)
- Scènes rares / légères de consommation ou de référence à l’alcool, au tabac ou à la drogue
- Scènes rares / légères à caractère sexuel et de nudité
- © 2012 Mobile Itineraries SARL
- 3,49 €
Prend en charge
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.