SkySafari is a powerful planetarium that fits in your pocket, puts the universe at your fingertips, and is incredibly easy to use!
Simply hold your device to the sky and quickly locate planets, constellations, satellites, and millions of stars and deep sky objects. Use Augmented Reality (AR) mode to blend a simulated sky chart with a real view of your surroundings.
Packed with interactive information and rich graphics, discover why SkySafari 6 is your perfect stargazing companion under the night sky.
Here's what's new in version 6:
1) Complete support for iOS 11 and iPhone X. We got you covered and release regular updates.
2) Clouds and Astronomy. Two words that rarely go together. Rewritten from the ground up, SkySafari 6 will (optionally) back up all your settings files and make it easily accessible to multiple devices as well as from our new web interface, LiveSky.com.
3) Say It. Ever just wanted to just yell at your device and tell it what to do!? SkySafari 6 adds basic voice control for a wide range of operations. Say “select Jupiter,” “search for Titan,” “center on Polaris” and SkySafari will do the work for you. Yelling optional.
4) Redesigned toolbar with ability to hide
5) Configurable font sizes
6) Better control of magnitude limits
7) Improved databases
8) Better updating of Comets and Asteroids (more recent data)
9) Better Moon display when zoomed out
If you haven't used SkySafari 6 before, here's what you can do with it:
• Hold your device up, and SkySafari will find stars, constellations, planets, and more! The star chart updates automatically with your real time movements for the ultimate stargazing experience.
• See an eclipse now, in the past or in the future! Simulate the night sky from anywhere on Earth many years in the past or in the future! Animate meteor showers, comet approaches, transits, conjunctions, and other celestial events with SkySafari’s Time Flow.
• Locate the Sun, Moon, or Mars from our extensive database and track the arrow to be directed to their exact locations in the sky before you. See spectacular views of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and other planets!
• Learn about the history, mythology, and science of the heavens! Browse from hundreds of object descriptions, astronomical photographs, and NASA spacecraft images in SkySafari. Explore tons of NASA Space Missions! Stay up-to-date with SkyWeek, for all major sky events every day – miss nothing!
• 120,000 stars; over 200 star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies; all major planets and moons, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites including the International Space Station (ISS).
• Animated meteor showers with complete viewing information & spectacular graphics.
• Orbit Mode – Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly like a NASA space probe through the solar system. Requires in-app purchase.
• Night Vision – Preserves your eyesight after dark.
• Apple Maps Integration – Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• Horizon Panoramas – choose from beautiful built-in vistas, or customize your own!
• Much more!
Cosmos Collection: In-app purchase allows you to travel to other planets and stars, visualize the 3-D location of deepsky objects in our galaxy, and listen to hours of audio guided tours of the heavens. The Cosmos Collection includes:
Lift off from the Earth and travel to the planets, moons and stars.
Guided Audio Tours
Listen to more than four hours of audio narration to learn the history, mythology, and science of the heavens.
Visualize the 3-D location of stars and deep sky objects in our Galaxy the Milky Way.
“Yoor-a- nus”, not “Your-anus”? The pronunciation guide in SkySafari will help you learn how to correctly pronounce the names of hundreds of celestial objects from different categories such as stars, constellations and planets.
For even more features, and telescope control check out SkySafari 6 Plus and SkySafari 6 Pro!
+ Improved accuracy of planetary position predictions.
+ Improved memory usage.
+ Improvements to syncing data with LiveSky server.
+ Fixed bug where the AR button was shown on top of the "Current List" button when it was visible.
+ Fixed bug where you could get stuck in Stereographic projection after using AR mode.
What's New in 6.2.0
SkySafari can now show you an Augmented Reality (AR) view of the sky! AR blends a simulated sky chart of your sky with a real view of your surroundings, captured from your device's camera. AR mode makes it even easier to find your favorite planets, stars, and constellations.
+ iOS 10
Some pointers on using AR mode in SkySafari:
To use AR in SkySafari, first activate the compass by either tapping the icon in the toolbar or simply tilting your device up to the sky. A small AR icon appears above the toolbar, near the bottom of the screen. Tap the AR icon to turn on your device's camera. If this is the first time you've used AR, your device will ask for your permission to use the camera. To turn off AR mode, tap the AR icon again. When AR is active, the toolbar and on-screen buttons will be hidden.
During daylight hours, point your device's camera at an area of clear blue sky. SkySafari will fill that area with a star chart. At night, point your camera at a black sky area. SkySafari will attempt to draw the star chart only over the sky area, and not walls, buildings, trees, etc.
You can increase or decrease the amount of sky chart blending with the camera's video image by swiping up or down. At maximum blending, the star chart is drawn everywhere above the horizon, not just in clear sky areas.
You may find that the simulated objects in the sky chart don't quite line up correctly with the real objects shown by the camera. This is due to the inaccuracy inherent in your device's digital compass. To fix this problem, swipe the chart left-to-right. This way, you can align objects drawn in the chart with their images shown by the camera. The Moon is a great object to align on. The planets and brightest stars should also be visible in the camera and can be used for AR alignment.
Notes et avis
J’apprends à peine à m’en servir, et cette application m’ouvre les yeux sur des étoiles qu’on voit tous les jours et sur lesquelles désormais je pourrai mettre un nom.
C’est ce qui qualifie le mieux cette application, il ne lui manque qu’une traduction en langue française...
Réponse du développeur
Nous souhaitons d'avoir un version francaise bientot :)
I have just installed the app and pointed my iPad towards the night sky and the bright object I could see is Jupiter! This app will be very useful to use when I am locating objects in the sky with my telescope!
Réponse du développeur
Thank you - we appreciate the review! We'll be adding a few more features in the near future to make the app even better at helping you locate objects in the sky.
Achats intégrésTout afficher
- Simulation Curriculum Corp.
- 358 Mo
- Nécessite iOS 8.0 ou une version ultérieure. Compatible avec l’iPhone, l’iPad et l’iPod touch.
- Classé 4+
- © 2009-2018 Simulation Curriculum Corp. All Rights Reserved.
- Achats intégrés
- Cosmos Collection 4,49 €
- Orbit Mode 2,29 €
Prend en charge
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.