Adaptive Differential Evolution
A Robust Approach to Multimodal Problem Optimization
Jingqiao Zhang et Arthur C. Sanderson
Ce livre peut être téléchargé sur votre Mac ou appareil iOS avec iBooks, et sur votre ordinateur avec iTunes. Les livres peuvent être lus sur votre Mac ou appareil iOS avec iBooks.
Optimization problems are ubiquitous in academic research and real-world applications wherever such resources as space, time and cost are limited. Researchers and practitioners need to solve problems fundamental to their daily work which, however, may show a variety of challenging characteristics such as discontinuity, nonlinearity, nonconvexity, and multimodality. It is expected that solving a complex optimization problem itself should easy to use, reliable and efficient to achieve satisfactory solutions.
Differential evolution is a recent branch of evolutionary algorithms that is capable of addressing a wide set of complex optimization problems in a relatively uniform and conceptually simple manner. For better performance, the control parameters of differential evolution need to be set appropriately as they have different effects on evolutionary search behaviours for various problems or at different optimization stages of a single problem. The fundamental theme of the book is theoretical study of differential evolution and algorithmic analysis of parameter adaptive schemes. Topics covered in this book include:
- Theoretical analysis of differential evolution and its control parameters
- Algorithmic design and comparative analysis of parameter adaptive schemes
- Scalability analysis of adaptive differential evolution
- Adaptive differential evolution for multi-objective optimization
- Incorporation of surrogate model for computationally expensive optimization
- Application to winner determination in combinatorial auctions of E-Commerce
- Application to flight route planning in Air Traffic Management
- Application to transition probability matrix optimization in credit-decision making