Write Like the Masters
Emulating the Best of Hemingway, Faulkner, Salinger, and Others
Ce livre peut être téléchargé sur votre Mac ou appareil iOS avec iBooks, et sur votre ordinateur avec iTunes. Les livres peuvent être lus sur votre Mac ou appareil iOS avec iBooks.
Want To Find Your Voice? Learn from the Best.
Time and time again you've been told to find your own unique writing style, as if it were as simple as pulling it out of thin air. But finding your voice isn't easy, so where better to look than to the greatest writers of our time?
Write Like the Masters analyzes the writing styles of twenty-one great novelists, including Charles Dickens, Edith Wharton, Franz Kafka, Flannery O'Connor, and Ray Bradbury. This fascinating and insightful guide shows you how to imitate the masters of literature and, in the process, learn advanced writing secrets to fire up your own work.
- Herman Melville's secrets for creating characters as memorable as Captain Ahab
- How to master point of view with techniques from Fyodor Dostoevesky
- Ways to pick up the pace by keeping your sentences lean like Ernest Hemingway
- The importance of sensual details from James Bond creator Ian Fleming
- How to add suspense to your story by following the lead of the master of horror, Stephen King
Whether you're working on a unique voice for your next novel or you're a composition student toying with different styles, this guide will help you gain insight into the work of the masters through the rhetorical technique of imitation. Filled with practical, easy-to-apply advice, Write Like the Masters is your key to understanding and using the proven techniques of history's greatest authors.