1000 Places To See Before You Die
By Workman Publishing Company, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“An enticing and easy-to-navigate travel app.” – USA Today
The most unforgettable travel destinations on earth, from the iconic, bestselling book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, now packed into a feature-rich travel planning app. What’s on your bucket list?
Hand-selected by veteran travel journalist Patricia Schultz, these unique destinations represent a tour of the world’s wonders, continent by continent—a trek through Morocco’s Atlas Mountains, the Old Course at Saint Andrews, the Mekong River by sail . . . Whether it’s active vacations or complete and utter relaxation you’re looking for, the app is your gateway to the best places in the world, an unparalleled discovery tool plus an interactive bucket list to end all lists. And since, as the most experienced travelers know, the most memorable lookout points, hikes, restaurants, hotels, watering holes, and beaches are often discovered via word-of-mouth, the app includes Facebook integration and user recommendations. Passionate travelers, rejoice!
- Filter by region and by interest—Active Travel, Idyllic Towns, Sacred Places, Vineyards and Breweries, Beaches and Getaway Islands, and much more—to find your dream trip.
- Browse places in Map View, or swipe through a jaw-dropping Photo Wall for an immersive visual experience. Slideshow View turns your iPad into a living, breathing gallery of stunning color photos.
- Tag places you’ve been to create a dynamic snapshot of your travel life. Tag places where you want to go to create a bucket list you can easily share with your friends. Dream, plan, and dream some more.
- Facebook integration means you can find great, trusted travel recommendations from the friends in your network.
- Add and read up-to-the-minute tips to get the best on-the-ground information from other users in the 1,000 Places community.
- Upload your best shots directly into the app to create and share a virtual scrapbook.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Thanks for suggesting ways to improve 1000 Places! Keep sending us your ideas, and we promise to continually improve your experience!
With this update 1000 Places makes it easy to share your favorite locations—and even your personalized traveler's map, via Facebook.
Great little app stumbled across it whilst I was looking for cool places to travel during my life (normal lol) cost me a couple quid but it is worth it I think lot of thought has gone into it it's not cheap looking at all, currently been going through marking places I've been already and also tapping the places I wish to go can't wait to get uploading some photos to the page. Hope this helps any future investors in the idea
Good, but could be better
Nice app, and good to be able to see interesting places you'd like to visit. But also wanted something that would list where I'd been. Would have liked to be able to tick off countries I'd been to, even if I hadn't done one of the "1000 things to do" as it looks like I haven't been to places that I actually have.
Great but buggy
This would be the best travel app on the App Store if it wasn't so buggy. Am unable to upload photos and tips most of the time and can't seem to change my profile.
Sort it out guys please!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 January 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 354 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Workman Publishing Company, Inc.
- © Workman Publishing Company, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.