10K Runner: 0 to 5K to 10K Trainer, Run 10K.
By FITNESS22 LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Go from Couch to 5K to 10K with the official and often imitated 10K Runner® program. This app has over 1.2 million success stories of people that are now running 10K’s, and you can do it too.
10K Runner has won multiple awards, is the most effective, loved, & popular 10K program and is highly recommended by fitness experts & doctors.
FOR BEGINNERS & 5K RUNNERS
● Go from zero to 5K In 8 Weeks
● Go from 5K to 10K in another 6 Weeks
● Alternating walk / run intervals
● Run segments gradually increase over time
● Human coach voice through your headphones that tells you when to walk / run.
● Listen to your music and the coach will blend in
● Control music through the app or headphones
● Compatible with Nike+ and all other GPS apps
● Compatible with all music apps
● Giant community of our runners on Facebook
● Earn achievements & badges as you advance
● Integrated with Facebook & Twitter
● Outdoors or Treadmill
GPS & Apple Health
● Built in GPS & Distance Tracking, also when app is in background
● Integrated with Apple Health for Calorie calculation & saving workouts
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
SIMPLE, EASY, & GETS RESULTS
● Nothing to learn. Just press start
● Excellent for weight loss
● The best & most effective 10K training app
● Completely ad-free
TOP RATED, MOST LOVED
● 1.2 Million People successfully did it
● Awards: Best 5K Training App, Best Running App, Editor's Choice, Top fitness app, Best Beginner App, Top Quality App, Best fitness and nutrition apps.
● Featured on CBS, CNN, Fox, USA Today, Times, Fitness Channel, Apple's "New & Noteworthy", AppAdvice, AppCraver, Best10Apps, Appolicious, Daily Motion, AppOfTheDay, MakeUseOf, the iPhone App Review, Remix Your Health, AppShopper, Apple's Top Health & Fitness apps, and so many others.
● Recommended by doctors on healthTap.com
”If you thought that you could never run - get ready for a BIG surprise. With this app - you will run"
"It's a great App, I was hooked by the second run, and it kept me running"
"If you want to start running and to keep running - this app will do it for you"
"One of the best iPhone running apps I’ve tested."
"This application is a must-have fitness trainer for anyone trying to catch the running bug or getting ready for a major running event"
- We are proud to be associated with several charitable organizations. Although we contribute to several causes, we have a particular soft spot for animals and are proud to contribute to aspca.org and rescuefromthehart.org. Please also consider donating.
This app includes an auto renewing subscription which enables content/workouts
- Subscription options are monthly ($2.99/month)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication."
----- CONTACT US -----
Dear customers, we are here for you!
Questions? Comments? Ideas?
What's New in Version 7.3
- iOS 10 Adaptations
- App is now free, with the ability to try it, and purchase the workout programs or subscribe to them
Completely changed my mind - excellent app.
My previous review (one star), reflected my disappointment in a product that I THOUGHT was not fit for purpose. I was experiencing issues with the audio not working after I used the lock screen. Then one day I stared at the screen and properly saw the padlock inside the circle - der! The penny dropped - "oh, maybe THIS is the lock button I should be pressing" not just my phone's lock screen button. So I touched this and a new screen appeared showing a countdown clock and what the next interval was. Then I pressed the lock screen button on my phone (which as I said before was what I had been doing thinking that was how the app locked) and off I went. No problems at all. The app behaved perfectly and has done ever since. I have even ventured into the world of listening to music and podcasts, and my lovely coach always gently interjects to give me instructions and encouragement. I would reiterate what I said in my previous review, that the programme is well structured and so far (I am on week 10) is prepping me well with no injuries for my 10k. Not to say it's easy, it is challenging, but definitely achievable. Sorry guys, for not getting the basics of using the app correctly to start with and giving you the temporary poor review, but I am VERY happy with it now!!!
Couch to 5k in 2 months!
Was inspired by talking to someone else in October who had downloaded and followed this app in January 2016.
I began in mid-October myself and if anyone had tile me I'd be running for 35 minutes continuously by Christmas I'd have laughed in your face! Never saw myself as a runner, just a middle-aged, overweight woman who just looked forward to coming home from work to flop on the couch at the end of the day. The progression from walking to increasingly longer intervals of running was manageable and if needed, you could repeat a run until you felt ready to move on - I did this around weeks 4 and 5. By weeks 6 and 7 I was starting to believe I could really do this as I WAS really doing this! Today I've begun the next stage towards 10K by starting week 9. So proud of myself and still in some disbelief too if I'm honest, but I'm doing it. I'm come this far, I'm determined to keep going!
Confusing controls and really annoying voice commands
I found this app one of the most confusing things to use.
Everyone starts at the beginning of training for a 5K. For a 10K training app I was expecting to be able to skip the 5K section or at least have the start of the 10K training sign posted. Searching through every week to find a suitable starting point didn't give me the best first impression of the app.
Once I was running it didn't get much better. The voice commands are not helpful. Telling me "You're almost there" twice during the same running period is pointless and frustrating. More useful would be letting me know the time left maybe or how long I'd been running. I also found the computer generated voice really irritating. How many different commands are there really? Could you not hire a voice actor for a day?
Twice during a run it allowed me to accidentally reset my running time but didn't then allow me to move it back to where it was. Maybe an undo button would be helpful?
I felt that it asked me for access to my location and music when I wasn't able to pay attention to the decision I was making (is mid-run really the best time to find out if you can access my music?). Giving the app access to my music was a mid-run decision I bitterly regretted. Maybe I'm unique here but when I end my work out I don't immediately want my music to stop.
Ok app that needs work.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 04 October 2016
- Version: 7.3
- Size: 90.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: FITNESS22 LTD
- © Fitness22 LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Premium£6.99
- Premium Subscription£2.79