By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your camera to capture the people, places and things around you as amazingly realistic 3D experiences. Capture friends, sculptures, buildings or anything else you can photograph. Automatically transform them into interactive 3D models that can be shared with friends, family, and an ever growing community of 3D photographers.
• Turn your photos into realistic 3D models by taking a series of photographs from different angles.
• Be guided through the process of capturing all angles of your subject with the Integrated Photo Compass.
• Capture 3D portraits of your friends, museum displays, architecture, plants, cats or anything else you can photograph.
• Share your captures with friends through Twitter, Facebook, Email and SMS.
• Showcase your work and follow other amazing 3D photographers from around the world through the in-app gallery.
• Store your captured objects in the cloud to access them from all your devices.
• Use the 123D Catch web app for healing and 3D printing your captures in a web browser! (123d.autodesk.com/catch)
• Export 3D models in a variety of formats from the 123D online community for use in other 3D tools and projects.
• Works on your iPad/iPhone & iPod Touch.
Find out more at 123d.autodesk.com/catch.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
-Added support for Japanese language.
-Updated for iPhone 6s and 6s+ on iOS 9.
-Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Nice app! Easy to use and great results.
Very interesting app and extremely easy to use. After a quick install, I tried it out on a Lego model on my carpet. Lighting was relatively poor but, after a brief uploading and finishing period, about 20 mins on a 7mbps line, it was ready.
Despite the quality of the pics the final render was clean and accurate and picked up a lot of surface detail. Very impressed.
As to the rest of the app and forums, I have had s couple of issues logging in but there are a huge number of very well produced projects and pieces.
As to the haters, I cannot comment on any bugs or glitches but, for a free app, I am really pleased. I am looking forward to installing it on the iPads in my school DT department as a class project.
Zero technical problems for me perhaps as it's an iPhone 6+ with the fastest fibre optic upload in the country. The results are nothing short of breathtaking. I'm almost speechless at what this little app enables my phone to do and so quickly. I'll be doing a lot of Experimentation with the the OBJ downloads and see how that goes too. Incredible. Exciting stuff.
Nothing happens - App needs serious reworking on user interface
Tried this about a year ago and was really disappointed as I uploaded lots of pictures but nothing happened. Nothing to explain, guide or assist in producing the results it claims can be created. Tried again now, thinking the user interface will have been improved, but no, still the same rubbish, zero results. To think I have been wasting nearly 70mb of storage space on this crap. Will delete immediately, don't waste your time and raise your blood pressure on this badly considered app.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 20 October 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 98.7 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 123D Premium monthly membership£7.99
- 123D Premium 1-year membership£79.99