The legendary 2000 AD, the Judge Dredd Megazine and dozens of digital graphic novels are now available on your iPad or iPhone – plus incredible FREE comics to read now!
Install now to read the free DREDD movie tie-in comic, plus two massive FREE sampler issues of top 2000 AD stories featuring future lawman Judge Dredd, undead cowboy Ichabod Azrael, ‘gentleman zombie’ Zombo, the action-packed dog soldiers of Kingdom, the Steampunk crime tale Stickleback, and post-apocalyptic werewolf series Age of the Wolf!
The app also gives you access to digital graphic novels collecting stories from the past 40 years, including the complete best selling Judge Dredd Case Files series, the newest Judge Dredd books, and more classic 2000 AD titles such as Rogue Trooper, Sláine, the ABC Warriors, Nikolai Dante, and Robo-Hunter!
Subscribe now to get up to THREE MONTHS of FREE back issues and have the latest editions delivered direct to your device – every week and every month!
2000 AD is the weekly SF anthology comic that brings you the cosmos’s best stories, filled with action and adventure with black humour and a dark satirical edge!
The monthly Judge Dredd Megazine not only showcases new adventures for Judge Dredd, but also series based in his world, further expanding the Dredd universe. In addition, there are interviews with leading writers and artists, and each issue includes a bonus 64-page graphic novel every month, featuring material from the 2000 AD archive!
Subscription to weekly 2000 AD Progs:
1 month at $9.99 (includes 1 month of free back issues*)
3 months at $27.99 (includes 2 months of free back issues*)
12 months at $99.99 (includes 3 months of free back issues*)
Subscription to monthly Judge Dredd Megazine:
1 month at $4.99 (includes 1 free back issue*)
3 months at $14.99 (includes 2 free back issues*)
12 months at $54.99 (includes 3 free back issues*)
* free back issues promotional offer is for new subscribers only
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. This option to manage your subscription can also be found in the app.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Improvements to the app on iPhoneX.
Additional improvements to the user-interface.
Ratings and Reviews
Great content, terrible app!
I have bought a lot of content, but now unable to download anything I’ve bought. Constant error messages, failed download or no server connection. I expect better than this. And reading previous reviews this seems to be an ongoing problem going back years!
A portal to your childhood — and the FUTURE!
Quite literally the only reason I own an iPad. As something of a nomad from the age of 18 onwards, storing and transporting boxes of the comics I'd persuaded my parents to buy me as a child became something of a bind. Eventually, 30 years or so later an attic full of boxes all fits inside a small mobile device which easily slips into a satchel.
I'm unsure as to why Tharg denied us access to this technology upon his arrival in the 70's — something no doubt "Thrill Power" related and easing our fragile earthing minds into a new entertainment experience — but I'm eternally glad it's here with us at last.
The application itself is not without issues, but any troubles I've had were quickly addressed by an excellent customer support service.
Good but not great
The actual content is great, so I'm only looking at the app itself here.
It gets the job done, and I use it at least once a week; I've recently used it a lot more often to catch up on back issues. I also like the integration with the 2000AD website so that I could read stuff I'd already purchased outside the app.
However, there are three main snags, which make this weaker than the Comixology or Marvel apps:
1) It doesn't automatically detect double page spreads, so sometimes I get confused when I've read the left half in isolation. Related to hat, sometime the pairing goes wrong (odd/even), so even rotating the iPad doesn't work; I have to slide back and forth.
2) It doesn't preload pages so I sometimes get a half loaded image for several seconds when I turn the page, a bit like connecting to a website in the 1990s. Considering that I've already downloaded the whole comic, hat shouldn't happen.
3) Sometimes when I switch to a different app and come back, it's lost my place. I assume this is because the app crashed and restarted. There have also been a couple of cases when the whole iPad has frozen up.
So, mostly it's fine, but there's room for improvement.
- Rebellion Publishing Limited Apps
- 63.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Rebellion 2000 AD
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 AD Subscription £7.99
- 2000 AD Subscription £20.99
- Judge Dredd Megazine £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.