"2Do adapts to my needs, not the other way around. 2Do gets me."- Macstories
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Macstories: App of the Year 2015
• Apple - App of the week, June 2015
• Apple - Mac App Store “Best of 2013”
• “Best App Ever Awards” Winner
• Cult Of Mac - 5/5
• Gizmodo "Best app for forgetful people" - Gold Medal
Email to 2Do: Optional plugin that allows you to integrate your email address directly with 2Do, thus allowing you to email yourself tasks from anywhere. You can even use automation, such as IFTTT, to add reminders to your list.
SYNC [PRO - Try for 21 days]
• Stay in sync using one of the following: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), Toodledo, Fruux (CalDAV), Calendar Server (CalDAV), ownCloud (CalDAV), SabreDAV (CalDAV) or a 3rd party CalDAV Server of choice.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync enables Siri
• Periodic automatic backups are created for you (compatible with 2Do for Mac) for a rainy day.
• Automatic Push sync between devices
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
• Assign multiple alerts / reminders
• Set a lock to the whole app or individual lists
LIST GROUPS, LISTS, INBOX & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Built-in support for GTD Inbox
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Control the amount of information you wish to see with a simple pinch-to-zoom gesture, from single line titles to multiple lines of titles, notes and tags.
BATCH EDITING & SHARING
• Drag & Drop support to move tasks between lists or drop on calendar to defer
• Batch tagging, starring, marking tasks done and more
• Task Sharing via AirDrop, iMessage and Email
REIMAGINED TASK EDITOR & QUICK ADD
• With focus on switching between editors effortlessly using a single tap only, you’ll save dozens of taps and swipes when editing your tasks.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you, by using Quick Add (Tap-hold on [+])
• X-callback-url support
• Manage tags from a dedicated Tags Panel
• Organize your tags within groups
• Leverage the powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags
YOUR TASKS UNLIMITED
• Set a Start Date to hide tasks from a list before they're relevant and add Duration to put an estimate on the amount of time you’ll be spending on your task
• Add an action to call, write an email or trigger a URL Scheme right from 2Do
• Attach an image or a voice note to your tasks
• Customizations for time management
• Use as an events / party planner, or an effective birthday reminder
• Desktop-class Task Manager
ALERTS [PRO - Try for 21 days]
• Attach multiple alerts to each task
• Attach locations to tasks and get nearby alerts as you approach assigned locations
DESKTOP-CLASS IPAD APP
• Everything from Tasks to Calendar Events - all managed from the same screen.
• Manage calendar events and schedules
• Split-screen support
• Keyboard shortcuts
• TextExpander support
* iOS 12 compatibility improvements
* Support for XS Max
* Improved network failure detection during Sync
* Ongoing stability improvements
* More improvements, including Siri Shortcuts coming soon
* NEW: Updated watchOS app with a new 'Up next' glance view and complications
* NEW: Siri integration. Add / Search tasks directly using Siri.
* NEW: Two new search keywords that can be used in creation of smart lists: "created:" and "modified:". Examples:
"modified: < 2 months"
"type: hiprio created: 10 days"
and so on...
* NEW: Dropbox sync is now 10x to 20x faster for 75% of the use cases
* Improvements to Handoff
* Improvements to Email to 2Do account setup
* Fixed "due(today)" assigning the current time as due time in Email to 2Do
* Fixed an issue where actions via the notification center would at times fail to execute
* Fixed a visual glitch in the Today widget
Ratings and Reviews
Such a good app - the desktop price is sheer insanity!
I’m only writing this because I actually think the developers have serious talent and have made an iOS app I truly love. I managed to trial the desktop app which I assumed at nearly £50 was totally unjust, but thought perhaps the functionality would be transformative. Well the desktop app does basically exactly the same thing as the iOS App, but of course being on a desktop you can move around a bit quicker, copy and paste stuff and you have a larger screen. I would have paid £10 maybe even £15 at a stretch. In a scenario where maybe 50 people would buy the desktop app at £50, lower the price to £10 and I reckon they would sell to 1000 people easily. Anyway - rant over, get app, totally unjustified cost so for that reason I will look for alternatives but I really hope they change they pricing strategy and open up to real people. 🙏🏻😀
Developer Response ,
Thanks Anti. It's easier to criticise the price, however the app isn't on subscription and the asking price is less or equal to every other app on the market (with less features). That's just how expensive such apps are on the desktop. There goes a great deal of work and effort into developing and then supporting a desktop app (compared to a mobile app). Other developers resort to a subscription based model, however with 2Do you buy it once and you own it. $50 gas hardly gets you through a few days. 2Do's single purchase has lasted people 8 years of free, countless updates.
Since I wrote the review below, the app has become ever more sophisticated which may be clever. But now the options are so vast that it is over-complicated. So now I don’t use it at all - I use another.
What it needs is a setup menu so you can customise it to provide, from the myriad options available, those options you really need and want, to avoid difficulty in finding what you want in practice. As it is, it actually wastes time. Pity.
By far the best app for tasks/to dos. Having tried many others it is way ahead of any competition. It could be tweaked a bit further with a greater range of font styles and sizes. A facility to make quick notes would be good too, but these are details. Buy without hesitation.
This is THE best personal task manager of all! Yes, even better than Omni Focus! You can make it as simple or as complicated as you like - the options are there. You can do GTD or implement your own system. I love the use of Tags and saved searches (think views), and rely on them heavily to implement my own (rather complex) system. There are only a couple of things I wish it had — some way of suggesting a list of tasks from my shortlist, based on the amount of time I have in my schedule today/tomorrow, and the concept of sequential tasks and dependencies. Other than that, it's perfect! Even the syncing is flawless!
- Beehive Innovations Services
- 60.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2018 Beehive Innovations
- In-App Purchases
- Email to 2Do £3.99
- Go Pro £19.99
- Go Pro - 50% Discount Campaign £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.