GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Apple - Best of 2013 Mac App Store
• Macstories - App of the Year 2015 iOS
• Cult of Mac - Best Task Manager for iOS
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time
* Improvements to URL handlers
* Fixed visual glitch in project view with future start dates
* Fixed left panel not refreshing projects under a list when a tag is unpaused
* Fixed default due date not setting for new tasks created inside of a Smart List
* Fixed removal of a previously set security password in preferences
* Stability improvements
- Dark Mode for Mojave
- Dark / Light mode can be switched on or off permanently from "View Menu > Appearance"
- Several UI tweaks, improvements and refinements
- CSV export now includes the "Created" date column
- Fixed a bug where the "Hide Scheduled" button would linger around for too long
- Fixed a bug where search options would close on you at times
- Smart lists now allow you to hide paused tasks
- Durations now sync with Toodledo
- Fixed issue where changing the starred state in Toodledo would not reflect the change in 2Do
- Fixed manual sorting issue when dragging tasks between two projects
- Fixed "double" postponing of repeating events issue
- Fixed issue where the mini calendar would occasionally not update immediately
- Improved date entry parsing for different locales
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible email to task implementation
I used to love this app. I've used it from it's first release. They thing I cannot fathom is why they implemented capturing tasks through email, by actually needing to set up your email in the app as you would an email client, essentially giving them complete access to all your email. Every email account you use has to be set up and if you have more than two you have to pay extra; after you have paid for the email plugin. This is ludicrous. I simply want to email tasks to the app, which you cannot do.
As email is one of the major ways I receive tasks and I manage a number of email addresses, this app is practucally useless. If you are thinking of getting your emails into this app, think again. You cannot even drag them into the app. Just read the setup page for setting up your email and you'll see how complex Beehive have made it.
1-star as I now need to move to another app.
Best todo app on Mac and iOS by miles. Beats ‘Things
*Upate. Rely on this app more than ever. iPhone, iPad and Mac – it’s as simple or complex as you want it to be. Better that other apps out there that try so hard to look pretty but just don’t cut it for people that actually have lots of work to do! Nice work developer.
I was a long-time ‘Things’ user and switched to 2Do. Best decision ever, 2Do is brilliant. Syncs great across ios and Mac. Can do everything I need. Can be customised to suit the way you work. It’s now the centre of my life both with my business and at home. Developer is approachable, listens to feedback AND RESPONDS WITH UPDATES AND IMPROVEMENTS. Unlike other developers I could mention.
Great app but hope for more!
I love this application and must say that I have tried almost every single application available in the market for organizing my tasks and found 2Do the best not only by function but also visually. It is simple and yet powerful to use.
The only thing I found it unfortunately missing is a menu bar icon which would be great to have instead having 2Do living in the Dock. I look forward to seeing this hapenning in the near future.
The other thing, it seems that the browser (send 2Do) plugin is not created by the 2Do team and I'd feel more safe if the 2Do team have produced their own version.
- Beehive Innovations Services
- 44.6 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2019 Beehive Innovations
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.