3D Monkey Curling
By Matthew Mitchell
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
3D Monkey Curling is a fun and simple game. You can play alone, with AI or amongst other players.
The aim of the game is to curl monkeys towards a target. Use the touch screen to select the power and direction and then tilt your device left or right to set the spin.
You can play with up to 4 players and knock their monkeys out of the way. You are able to save scores onto the device and also submit them online to check your rank amongst other players.
There are 4 themes, rendered in beautiful, realtime 3D graphics (Icy Wood, Snow Mountains, Raging Volcano and Xmas). The themes use incredible snow and ash effects. There are also 3 types of music to choose from or you can play your own.
Realtime 3D graphics with realtime snow and ash effects using the Retina Display to the fullest.
Simple touch screen and motion controls making use of the iPhone 4's gyroscope.
Play with up to 4 players with different mixtures of AI or human players.
Easy to get a good score; impossible to get a perfect one.
Easy, Normal and Hard AI settings.
3 different music tracks with a mute option for your own music or silence.
Toggleable snow/ash effects, produced in realtime.
4 themes. Icy Wood, Snow Mountains, Raging Volcano and Xmas. Raging Volcano includes smoke effects.
Local, top-ten, named scores with option to remove them.
Online score submission showing today's, this week's and all-time scores.
Intuitive menu systems making use of advanced touch screen features.
Share score on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and by Email.
Lots of monkey business.
What's New in Version 1.4
A great homage
Simple and easy to learn, yet strangely amusing, this paid version is well worth the humble price.
- This games was inspired by the minigame of the same nature in TimeSplitters Future Perfect and does a good job of replicating the gameplay.
- The graphics arnt bad. It doesn't use anti-aliasing and this is noticeable if you look at the walls, but to be honest the game looks not bad (especially the monkeys)
- Runs well. On my 3GS I could turn on snow effects with 3 AI on hard and re game went pretty smoothly.
- The music bizarrely fits with the absurdity of the curling monkeys, but you can turn it off if you like which is a good feature
- The Facebook implementation is buggy, once you choose to share on Facebook you need to quit the game to continue playing.
- The HUD, particularly the font, could be better. The numbers are spaced apart too wide, so 1327 looks like
1 3 2 7
- Posting your score online requires you to register with Crytekuk.info
- Category: Games
- Updated: 06 June 2011
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 20.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Matthew L Mitchell
- © 2010 Matthew Mitchell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.