"I am not sure that I've ever seen a more compelling 'show-don't-tell' educational tool than 4D Toys." –Ars Technica
What if you received a box filled with mysterious toys from a fourth spatial dimension?
• Playfully explore and marvel at beautiful shapes powered by a groundbreaking 4D+time physics system.
• Poke, throw, roll and watch as they disappear into a dimension you can't see.
• Get an intuitive feel for how four-dimensional objects behave:
• Become a child of the fourth dimension.
In this case the 4D is not time but a 4th dimension of space that works just like the first three dimensions we are familiar with. If you count time these toys are 5D. It turns out that the rules of how objects bounce, slide and roll around can be generalized to higher dimensions, and this unique toy lets you experience what that would look like.
• Over 130 beautiful interactive scenes to play with, with more to be added in updates.
• Groundbreaking 4D+Time Physics Engine that uses new mathematics created for this project.
• Multi-touch & Accelerometer support for rich interactivity.
• 2D/3D "Flatland" Interactive 10 Page Book/Explanation that teaches by analogy about a fourth spatial dimension.
Some things to do:
• Manage to fit the hypercube into the hyperhole!
• Use the 4D shapes as fancy, perfectly symmetric, fair dice that have 5, 8, 16, 24, or even 120 and 600 sides!
• Unbind Rings using the fourth dimension!
• Make a stack of 4D hypercubes and smash it!
• Set up an interesting path for a few 4D dominoes!
• Make levers that throw hypercubes into the fourth dimension!
• Use multitouch to "squeeze" out objects into the fourth dimension!
• Play in a 4D ball pit!
• See Tesseracts (i.e. 4D hypercubes) slide down slopes!
* iPhoneX screen support
* Minor bug fixes and improvements
* 14 new shapes:
- Rectified 120Cell
- Runcinated 120Cell
- Truncated 120Cell
- Rectified 600Cell
- Truncated 600Cell
- Omnitruncated Tesseract (Faces)
- BiTruncated 24Cell (Faces)
- Cantellated 24Cell (Faces)
- Runcinated 24Cell (Faces)
- Grand Antiprism (Faces)
- Biparabigyrated Cantellated Tesseract
- Bi-Icositetradiminished 600Cell
- Square Magnabicupolic Ring
- Castellated Rhombicosidodecahedral Prism
Ratings and Reviews
Can't get my hands off it!
This game is very well made. This game is actually 5D because there is also 1 time dimension. I recommend this to everyone who wants to try a game with 4 spacial dimensions and 1 time dimension on mobile.
there are only 2 things i would like to see, one of them is a button similar to in miegakure where you can swap one of the axes with the 4th, and the other is a tesseract with edges coloured and/or labeled with the 4 axes
Buggy to the point of being unusable
I don't know how Marc got this thing through the App Store quality control. It's a total disaster on my iPhone 6s Plus --- the drawn screen is off the viewing area, buttons don't work (you have to touch a little to the right or above to make them work), even the tutorial becomes unresponsive, I'm guessing because crucial buttons are being drawn off the visible screen. Its scandalous that I paid £5.99 for this non-functional app. I'm a big fan of the Miegiakure development and have been following it closely, but this 4DToys app is a train wreck.
Hi, this issue was fixed on Jun 4th! Thanks!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.