Based on the Ivy Lee method, 6things is a task list app which helps you stay focused and productive day after day. At the end of each day you decide on the six things which are most important to get done tomorrow. By limiting yourself to only six things you are encouraged to prioritise and planning in advance allows you be organised from the moment you wake up.
The app has two modes - "Plan Tomorrow" in which you can add and prioritise tasks for the following day, and "Do Today" in which you focus on finishing those tasks. At the end of each day, any unfinished tasks are moved onto the next day's to do list where they will stay until completed.
You choose a time at the end of your day when you want to start planning - a push notification will help you get started. If you prefer, you can swap manually between 'Plan Tomorrow' and 'Do Today' throughout the day for more control.
It's so simple that it might just work.
6things (@6thingsapp) is developed and maintained by Jan Warner (@jwrnr).
- Morning reminders are here! Get a notification at a time of your choice reminding you to get started on your first task.
- Increased control over notifications via the Settings view.
- Notifications now supported on iOS 9.
- The ability to move straight to Do Today after planning tasks on the first run.
- The app automatically stays in Plan Tomorrow mode if there are no tasks in the list.
Ratings and Reviews
Apps really Scwifty
The app developer likes sausages
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.