7 Minute Workout Challenge
By Fitness Guide Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The "7 Minute Workout" is a research-backed workout program that has become an international hit!
Published in the leading research journal ACSM, and then popularized by the NYT, the "7 Minute Workout" is simple but effective.
Researchers have selected 12 exercises that are performed for 30 seconds with 10 second rest intervals. This high-intensity training with little rest results in higher daily metabolism and is the equivalent of working out for over an hour - for only slightly longer than 7 minutes.
The best part? The exercises are simple to perform, do not require any equipment, and therefore, can be done anywhere! NO MORE EXCUSES.
This app takes this research-proven workout and guides you through the process. Further, it tracks your results, and makes it fun by allowing you to unlock rewards as you continue working out.
App features include:
- stunning design
- both male and female trainers that guide you by video, audio, image and text
- all content is INCLUDED (no additional charges, and no need for internet connectivity)
- track your weight with our weight tracker
- track your activity with our activity calendar
- workout and unlock various achievements
- support for Apple Watch
We are dedicated fitness professionals and app developers. We strive to make the highest quality products - if you have any suggestions, feel free to contact us. Our apps are regularly updated at no charge.
What's New in Version 1.5
Our latest update introduces many new features including Apple Watch support! If you love using our app, please write us a review on iTunes - our small team LOVES reading what you have to say!
This update brings a slew of improvements:
- new achievement awards to encourage you along your fitness journey
- new bonus exercise pack in case you want to change things up
- Apple watch support
- all images and videos have been remade to improve their quality
- fixed a bug with the workout alarm that would cause the app to crash for some
- fixed various text localization errors
- support for Swedish audio
- you can now reset all of the content and settings
- various design changes
We strive to make the highest quality apps we can for our customers. We feel that’s why customers have made us the top selling fitness app internationally for 2 years running! Thank you! If you have a moment, please, leave us a review on iTunes to encourage others to join the team.
Fantastic app for all levels of fitness
There are many reasons I love this app...
1. Most people struggle to exercise regularly because of time restraints. This workout is 7 minutes! You can fit it in anywhere in your daily routine... before breakfast, after work before dinner, before going to bed. No excuses!
2. It's great for all levels of fitness and for those wanting a more advanced workout, you can tweak the exercises to make it harder. For example I replace normal squats and lunges with jump squats and plyo lunges and mix up the type of sit ups I do. You can also add more circuits as you get fitter... The 7 minutes gets my heart rate up and I get a litte out of breath, but if I want to push it I add 2 or 3 more circuits for a more intense workout.
3. The exercises are easy to follow and the videos and pictures are very helpfull for those new to them. There's also good a good variety of exercises that works the whole body.
4. Motivation! I love to workout but sometimes seriously lack the motivaton to get going. The apps achievement section really helps to keep up the workouts everyday and to improve by doing more circutis or more workouts per day. You can also unlock different workouts by completing achivements which is a brilliant idea (you can pay for them but let's be honest, everybody loves a freebie!!).
Highly reccommend for those who want to get started with fitness or find it hard to motivate themselves to workout.
Excellent start to the day & really works
I downloaded this a while ago though didn't 'find' the time to use it (which is quite ridiculous I know). Since reading the miracle morning (excellent book and strongly recommend) I've been using this app for the exercise part of my miracle morning and LOVE it. Most days I just do one cycle of the 7 minutes and it gives me a real buzz and sense of accomplishment for the day. Just 7 days in I could really notice a massive difference in my strength too. On weekends I find that the challenge of doing a few circuits is great to extend the time and get a longer workout. There are rewards and incentives too - currently working on my 2 week stretch to unlock some more exercises!
Oh my goodness I have only downloaded this app yesterday as I came across it advertised on my Facebook page and thought I'd give it a go as a mother with a little toddler and goes to work I rarely find that time to go to the gym and thought what's 7 minutes out of my day? Anyways I done it last night and tonight and no joke I can already feel my abdomen tightening I didn't realise how unfit I actually was lol. This is definitely my routine now just before I get in the shower! It's just so perfect for me and it's so intense as well. And I heard the better you are the longer the session so... As someone who has tried everything and almost gave up.. This is a life saviour for me. Thank you for bringing me this into my life :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 20 April 2015
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Developer: Ariyana Felfeli
- © 2013 Fitness Guide
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bonus Workout Pack 1£1.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 1Free
- Bonus Workout Pack 3£0.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 2£1.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 2Free
- Bonus Workout Pack 4£1.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 3Free
- Bonus Workout Pack 4Free