This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Four BAFTA-nominations -- TIME Game of 2014
*** "We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here." - New York Times
*** "Interactive storytelling as its best" - The Guardian
*** 9/10 Edge Magazine
*** #16 in IGN's "best iOS games ever"
*** #1 iOS game for August on Metacritic
Choose your own route around a 3D globe, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
* "This brilliant interactive novel re-imagines Phileas Fogg's journey around the world... One of the finest examples of branching narrative yet created." - The Telegraph
* "For people who love high adventures and good writing, 80 Days is a voyage that must be taken" - The Verge
* "A brilliantly paced, memorable and quite frankly terrific piece of modern interactive fiction, that masterfully blends strategy, resource management and adventure" - IndieGames.com
* "one of the best iOS games of the year." - iLounge
150 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean - but don't fall behind the time!
* "This is modern storytelling that engages and delights, and the bold, stylish artwork gives 80 Days almost a graphic novel feel. Pack your case, armchair Passepartout - adventure awaits!" - Joystiq
* "Is it a game? Is it a story? Both, really. And a delight." - The Telegraph - Best Novels of 2014
* "Could be the best interactive fiction game out there" - 148 Apps
* "A sublime video game to immerse yourself in" - The Examiner
* "One of the most extraordinarily memorable and unique games I’ve played in years" - Pocket Tactics
* "Everything about this game is perfect" - AppAdvice
* "Innovative and extraordinary, and unpredictable fun" - Apps Zoom
* "Rich with ideas, brilliantly written, and creates a world that you'll want to visit over and over again" - PocketGamer (gold award)
Featuring stunning art by Jaume Illustration, a half-million word script by Meg Jayanth, original music by Laurence Chapman, and built using the same ink engine that powers our critically-acclaimed Sorcery! series, 80 DAYS is an interactive adventure created by your choices, on the fly, and is different every time you play.
Playing as Phileas Fogg's loyal valet, Passepartout, you must balance your master's health, your finances, and the time, as you choose your own path from city to city all the way around the world. Bribe your way onto early departures, but don't let yourself go bankrupt or you'll be sleeping rough and begging for aid! Trade items for profit, and collect the equipment for the conditions you'll face: but too much luggage will slow you down...
80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
The app is networked, with a feed that shows you the position of all the other players of the game, their routes, triumphs and disasters. You can race to be the fastest - or look ahead to learn the secrets of the world.
Share your own journey with friends, and load other's routes directly into your app so you can race head-to-head.
80 DAYS is a complete experience, with no in-app purchases, and was made by a core team of just four people. If you enjoy it, please leave a rating, and check out our Sorcery! series.
What's New in Version 1.25
Hundreds of adventures await!
59 days : addicted
Don't be put off by the black and white graphics and strong loyalty to the tone of the book, (assuming you know this was a book, I'm looking at you, the under 25s).
It's a slow starter but 100% worth it, it grows on you and you find yourself looking forward to getting home to play it.
Once completed, (no mean feat), you can play again and again using different routes, different answers to conversations, different reactions to problems/attacks/love interests, it's a real spider web of possible outcomes - and on top of all the adventuring you can buy and trade in the markets, to fund your journey. If you're playing this right you should never need to stop at a bank!
And the cherry on the cake - you learn some geography and some history.
Played this through quite a few times before doing it in 67 days with no bank visits! The first time the story is interesting and adds to the adventure. After a few goes though it can be a bit repetitive and it would be nice to have a quick or cut-down option for the text as it would still be a fun game to play.
It is different from nearly all other games I have purchased, played and enjoyed recently. I also love that there are no in-app purchases. Well done for that.
Very good! This is a 4.5 Rating! 🤔
I think it needs a few minor adjustments, but still amongst one of the best games I've played, (one player wise). I agree with another reviewer on here about having to go through the titles every time you re-start, kills it a bit! A few other similarities. Only for frequenting players, wanting to improve their trip time. You are taking to much of my time!! Otherwise - Tres bien!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 21 October 2016
- Version: 1.25
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: inkle Ltd
- © 2014 inkle Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad, and iPod touch.