9to5Mac is now available on iPhone and iPad, the leading news website for iPhone, iPad, Mac and more.
The 9to5Mac app takes the core experience from the website and brings it to your home screen. View the latest stories in a layout optimized for the iPhone and iPad with large photography and rich native typography. Take advantage of the Dark Theme for comfortable reading at any time of day.
Straight from the story, share the news with others and view reader comments inline, with threaded replies. Posts and comments respect the system Text Size settings so the app always reflects your preferred reading habits.
Get push notifications for instant alerts when a new post goes live, so you can always stay up to date with the latest stories.
The 9to5Mac app is a beautiful companion to the website experience. Give us your feedback and look forward to more updates coming in the future.
Upgrade to the Premium Subscription to remove ads and see the stories inline with a native reading experience. Premium costs $1.99 per month, in the US. The subscription automatically renews — but you can cancel at any time.*
*Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Dark app icon. Premium subscribers can select an alternative dark home screen app icon. Switch icons with one tap in 9to5Mac Settings.
- On iPad, use Drag and Drop to quickly share a link for a story from the sidebar into another app.
- Added Handoff to seamlessly switch from reading an article in the app to Safari on the Mac.
- Significant performance improvements for loading stories, and reliability fixes for notifications. The main timeline now updates automatically.
- Automatic dark mode now responds to changes in screen brightness.
- Minor interface enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
No search button?!
A good app with a nice dark mode. But there doesn’t seem to be a search button. It would be nice to have the option to filter down a list of news by topic type.
Load of rubbish
You can’t log in or sign up to chat on the articles seems deliberate tbh!
Great to keep you updated but...
Overall the app is great but is painfully slow at times.
One of the most annoying things I've noticed is when orientation lock isn't on and I turn my phone to landscape - be it by accident or not, and then back to portrait the app goes back to the home screen and won't allow me to click any of the articles. I need to close the app and open it again for the app to work.
If you fixed these it would be a great alternative to having to visit the website which I'd rather do at this point to not have to deal with these bugs.
- Seth Weintraub
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 925, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription £1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.