** Apple Mac App of The Year Winner **
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software on the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing
• Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, liquify and export
• Work in windowed, full screen, or separated modes with fully customisable toolbars and drag and drop panels
• Comprehensive vector drawing and text editing tools
• Advanced snapping system with pixel perfect alignment when required
• Export @1x, @2x, @3x from layers, slices or whole documents – continuously as you work!
• Record and Play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipe-able split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups – including the latest 5k iMac
- All new shadows / highlights algorithm for Develop.
- Develop clarity improvements.
- Improved input smoothing for all tools.
- Improved Perlin Noise filter.
- Transparent TGA import support.
- Many improvements to batch processing.
- PSD, PDF import / export improvements.
- Significant Photoshop plugin support improvements.
- Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc.
- Fixed slow Lens Blur, Depth of Field blur issues.
- Fixed Depth of Field blur progress / slowness issues.
- Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
- Restored ability of marquee tools to snap.
- Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
- Fixed a number of UI memory leaks.
- Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
- Fixed UI labels on macOS versions prior to Mavericks.
- Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A Impressive Editor
Ive been a Photoshop user for over 10 years and I first had my doubts about Affinty Photo but I was thoroughly impressed when I finally sat down to use it.
It feels familiar and user friendly, every tool and filter is loacated where youd expect it to be when you are used to PS, even the shortcuts are virtually the same. The processing tools such as blurs, healing brush, content aware, etc all do their purpose with ease and in some cases it performs better than PS. It has different “personas” which make editing a breeze without having to switch between multiple software. The only thing I didnt like was the live preview while working, it make my image look pixellated and it was just annoying since PS keeps it clean all the time, but after a few minutes you dont even notice anymore.
If you are new to the world of editing or a PS veteran, this is worth having in your arsenal. Its no where near as advanced as PS but its really held its ground in comparison and is more powerful than youd expect.
An Excellent Alternative to Photoshop
I’ve been using this software since the beta and I’ve finally reached the point where I genuinely prefer this application to Photoshop. What I mean by this is, even if it was the same price, I would still take this over Photoshop because I find myself just ridiculously fast working with this software and its many personas.
Not only that, it just makes all of the common features you’d need so ridiculously accessible and in many ways I find myself coming up with amazing things that I simply wouldn’t’ve considered doing in Photoshop. Everything is just ridiculously intuitive and I genuinely find that the quality of my photos has improved since I got this software as I’ve been able to do incredible things when editing them.
It’s also a ridiculously good price for what you get, and so far this has included all updates. It works wonderfully with the MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar and it really runs rather well on my system.
I prefer this to Photoshop
I have been a long time user of Adobe’s Photoshop, but when they moved to their Creative Cloud subscription payment method I decided to look for a cheaper alternative. Affinity Photo more than fits the bill as far as I’m concerned. The app runs smoothly and effectively on my older Macs and is far more intuative to use in most cases. I have yet to find it lacking in any area (I am an enthusiastic amature) and I love it’s Live Filters and preview functionality. It also works perfectly with my Wacom tablet and pen and there is plenty of on-line help and training videos, if you do get stuck. I have only used the app for just over a week though, having first tried the free trail version (which is fully functional too), but I already love it and dont miss Photoshop at all. I highly recommend this app, which comes at a very rerasonable price in my opinion.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.