By Serif Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Apple Mac App of The Year 2015 **
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software on the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing
• Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, liquify and export
• Work in windowed, full screen, or separated modes with fully customisable toolbars and drag and drop panels
• Comprehensive vector drawing and text editing tools
• Advanced snapping system with pixel perfect alignment when required
• Export @1x, @2x, @3x from layers, slices or whole documents – continuously as you work!
• Record and Play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipe-able split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups – including the latest 5k iMac
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Stability and bug fixes
A Impressive Editor
Ive been a Photoshop user for over 10 years and I first had my doubts about Affinty Photo but I was thoroughly impressed when I finally sat down to use it.
It feels familiar and user friendly, every tool and filter is loacated where youd expect it to be when you are used to PS, even the shortcuts are virtually the same. The processing tools such as blurs, healing brush, content aware, etc all do their purpose with ease and in some cases it performs better than PS. It has different “personas” which make editing a breeze without having to switch between multiple software. The only thing I didnt like was the live preview while working, it make my image look pixellated and it was just annoying since PS keeps it clean all the time, but after a few minutes you dont even notice anymore.
If you are new to the world of editing or a PS veteran, this is worth having in your arsenal. Its no where near as advanced as PS but its really held its ground in comparison and is more powerful than youd expect.
Great photo editor
I don’t write reviews often, but I took time out of editing photos to write a review on this application. I am coming at this review as a portrait photographer.
I was crawling through the web for powerful photo editors when I came across Affinity Photo. At first I thought, “meh, photoshop alternative”. After using the trial version of the application, I realised that it was actually a replacement for Photoshop (in my opinion). The UI feels much more fluid and native to OS X, it has powerful tools that meet my requirements as a portrait photographer and it just works as intended. If you were looking for something to replace Photoshop, this is as good as it gets.
However, I will mention that it is not as optimised as Photoshop with regards to live previews, but it’s no slouch.
Can it get any better?
I’ve revisited Affinity (1.5.2) after having another go at Photoshop. I am now totally hooked on Affinity as a replacement for PS and only the excellent LR keeps me in the other stable. Affinity is far easier, pleasant and logical than the competition and seems very much quicker. Having said that, most of the learning curve can be applied to either so no wasted time there.
Affinity is easy to use out of Lightroom as a second editor and re-import back via LR Hot folder (or work on RAW file directly and export to LR Hot Folder)
PS brushes all work and both Topaz and NIK plugins work perfectly after setting up the Plug-In folder.
I have a compendium of other excellent programs covering HDR, Noise, Focus Stacking etc. but you can really do the lot in Affinity and save some hard earned cash.
The Affinity tutorials are excellent but I decided to start afresh and found the Affinity courses by Udemy incredibly helpful and cover everything from basics to advanced.
If / when Serif produces DAM program It’s goodbye to my LR/PS subscription.
Affinity is superb at any price but at under £50 it’s unbeatable.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: 22 March 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 344 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor