By British Gas
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This app is only for British Gas customers who are using the Remote Heating Control product.
Say hello to a smarter home. Control your heating virtually anywhere, anytime, using the myHome app from British Gas.
Remote Heating Control customers can
Turn your home’s heating on and off
Control and set your central heating schedule
View your home’s current temperature
Set alerts to let you know if the temperature in your home goes above or below a certain level
Add other family members so they can also control your heating remotely
If you are experiencing problems please logout and try to log back in again. If the issue continues email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 4.3
Minor changes to contact details and help section.
Overall pretty good
For me, this app does what it says on the tin, bar a few issues with RHC in general:
1. Current problem with thermostat time running ten minutes slow, which is, to be fair, inconvenient rather than catastrophic. Seemingly BG still working on a fix, but given others have reported this bug some months ago, I suspect we'll not see it till they integrate RHC with Hive, which is supposedly some months off.
2. I have a long standing issue with their web interface being unable to display the temperature graphs for today and yesterday, but only on a Sunday, across my iPad, phone and laptop. It appears I'm the only one they know of with this weird issue!
3. Inability to program more than four on/off points even although thermostat supports six. I've got round this by using a freebie SMS scheduler app on my phone which sends on/off texts mid-evening, as well as other times in the week when I know I'll be out. Shame they couldn't incorporate that into the app and overcome any limitations the hub/ thermostat might have now or in the future.
Great device but time needs sorting.
Great device and control it loads when I'm out and about, plus with new born baby my partner can turn heating on and off when she's out. the time issue needs sorting for us early adopters, I don't need hive branding as this doès what I need for my combi boiler, please sort the time issue out British Gas. Noted numerous times on the reviews.
iOS9 Bug - British Gas don't care
Since iOS9, the app has to be closed at least once and often twice before it will function. Needless to say the 10 minute error on the clock has still not been addressed either and that has been the same for years.
The cynical view would be that British Gas only cares about making this so unusable you are forced to pay out another extortionate amount for Hive.
Not good enough but still deafening silence from British Gas.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 05 February 2014
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Italian, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: British Gas Trading
- © 2011 British Gas Trading Limited (British Gas)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.