It’s always been our mission (since 1905, to be exact) to keep you moving. And to smooth out the bumps when things go south. You could say that we’re here to make bad journeys better and good journeys great. And if you download our app, we’ll always be with you whenever you need us.
What are you waiting for?
Report a breakdown
Hit the road without any worries – our amazing mechanics are just a tap away if you need them to get you and your day back on track.
• Let us know if your car’s broken down at the touch of a button
• We’ll pinpoint your exact location so we can find you quickly
• Track us on the map as we come to your rescue and get real-time updates on our arrival time
Plan your journey
Let us take the hassle out of traveling, so you can focus on the important things. Like sorting out your road trip tunes and deciding where to break for lunch.
• Plot your way from A to B with our trusty Route Planner
• Avoid tolls, congestion charge zones, motorways and arguments over whose directions are best
• Get live road information with Traffic Watch
Access Member benefits on the go
It’s easy to make the most of your Member benefits with our app. We’ve even stored your membership card so you’ll never have that sinking feeling again when you leave yours at home.
• Discover brilliant benefits, wherever you are, on our map
• Fill up on feel-good food and drink with 20% off at over 1,000 pubs and restaurants across the UK, and at Moto service stations
• Keep all your membership details in one place
• Log in with your membership number to unlock your benefits
Take care of your car
If your current filing system is a shoe box (probably) at the back of the wardrobe, our ‘My vehicles’ area might just come in handy.
• Keep on top of car admin and get reminders when your MOT, service and road tax are due (just add your number plate and turn on push notifications)
• Find out what’s wrong if your car’s warning lights come on
On the map
It’s our mission to make your life easier – and save you money where we can. Use our map to find the things you need and you’ll always keep a cool head on the road.
• See the 5 closest places to fill up with fuel if you’re running low
• Find your nearest spots to park, and check opening times and charges
• Locate a garage if you need a mechanic
• We’ll remind you exactly where you left your car - you can even set a countdown reminder so you’ll never need to have an awkward conversation with a traffic warden again
This time around, we've got an update filled with more technical prowess than the tent of a certain popular baking show.
If you look closely you'll spot a reassuring note when you start tracking your breakdown, as well as lots of geeky tweaks under the surface for extra stability.
Ratings and Reviews
2nd complaint 2 years later - see last paragraph
In order to register yourself on the app you need to provide your membership number - which is fine if you have one; however, Halifax bank customers don’t get one (and I suspect there are numerous other corporate memberships too which operate the same way) and so you cannot therefore activate the app. Surely the AA should have thought this through beforehand, but regardless, why has nobody there remedied this since it was launched? Can it be that difficult to provide individual membership numbers for customers like me? Come on AA - sort it out!!!
Have now joined as a full member 2 months ago and just tried to complete my details in order to register with the app. It won't recognise my membership number or postcode ( no reason for this at all!) and says to contact the AA for help. After trawling through AA websites and finding the best number ( nothing obvious) I was finally given another number to ring for so-called App Support. They didn't " specialise" in App support and could not provide any help at all but simply told me to email the problem in. What a joke! In view of the previous issue being duly ignored I don't expect this one will get any helpful response either in which case I shall be cancelling my membership if I do not get s response to this within 48 hours. Absolutely disgusted with the poor level of service and support - basically crap!
We're sorry to hear this and would like to look into this further. Please can we ask you to email TheAA.ReviewTeam@TheAA.com and include your 635601 Membership no, device you are using, the app version and your post code. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.
Last update doesn’t give you directions on the go
I’ve been using this app for over a year, and it’s been great. However the last update for iOS 11 seems to have stopped giving you directions on the go, and just gives a map overlay of the route with your step by step directions in a black box which you have to manually swipe for the next part of journey. Which is illegal to do while driving. It no longer works like a satnav and updates as you go. It also doesn’t show you where traffic is heavy anymore. So I’m disappointed with this update as I can’t use it anymore for journeys. Please fix, and I hope the breakdown part works if I happen to break down. Edited after developer comment. That is what is broken. After you click navigate, it doesn’t work like it used to. It doesn’t navigate you and doesn’t give you traffic updates. I’ve used it for ages I know about navigate, but it isn’t working after last update
Thanks for your feedback Jakena, we’re always trying to improve our app so this feedback is really helpful. The app gives you step by step directions, you just need to press ‘navigate’ once your trip details are entered and this will take you through to directions on the go. Additionally, once you’ve entered this information it’ll show you the roads where traffic is busy. We hope this helps.
So easy to use
I used the app for a breakdown for the first time yesterday and was amazed at how simple and quick it was. The app pinpointed my location exactly, so I didn’t need to worry about getting the address wrong. As soon as I submitted the report, the app acknowledged it. I got a phone call from the AA about ten minutes later confirming when someone would be on their way to me. The map on the app even showed me where the patrol vehicle was in relation to mine, so I knew when to expect it.
My only criticism would be that when the roadside patrolman arranged for relay for my vehicle, it didn’t show up in the app. I would have liked to have been able to track progress so I would have known how long I could have left my vehicle unattended.
Despite that, I would highly recommend this app.
- Automobile Association Developments Limited
- 85.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Automobile Association Developments Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.