The OFFICIAL ABRSM Piano Practice Partner is a simple way to make practising pieces for your ABRSM exam more musical, enjoyable and rewarding. It is useful for anyone learning or teaching pieces from the ABRSM Piano 2019 & 2020 Syllabus. The previous 2017 & 2018 syllabus is also supported at Grades 1-8 along with the 2015 & 2016 syllabus at Grades 1-3.
"… immeasurably valuable for learning new repertoire … the app is brilliantly easy to navigate and inviting to use." BBC Music Magazine
Let Piano Practice Partner play one hand while you play the other as you learn.
Use the ABRSM Piano Practice Partner to:
• Practise each hand separately to improve your fluency – focus on your left hand technique while Practice Partner plays the right hand, for example.
• Make practice more musical and enjoyable by having a virtual partner to play along with.
• Personalise it! Choose from over 20 different hands to customise your Practice Partner.
• Improve your control and general piano technique, helping you to become a more fluent pianist.
• Improve your sense of pulse! Using the unique guide function to help you count rests and tempo adjustments.
• Slow down or speed up the music to a tempo that suits you, for slow careful practice.
• Set loops to repeat parts of your piece if you need to focus on one section.
• Learn to memorise your music for more secure performances.
Piano Practice Partner comes with 3 Examples of music from Grades 1, 5 and 7 of the NEW ABRSM Piano Exam Pieces 2019 & 2020.
In app you may purchase:
• Grade selections
- All 9 pieces from the 2019 & 2020 or 2017 & 2018 ABRSM Piano Exam Pieces book for Grade 1-8 (or Grades 1-3 2015 & 2016)
- All other (alternative) pieces from the 2019 & 2020 ABRSM Piano syllabus
• Individual pieces
- Any individual piece from the 2019 & 2020 or 2017 & 2018 ABRSM Piano Exam Pieces Grade 1-8 books.
- Any individual alternative piece from the 2019 & 2020 ABRSM Piano syllabus
ABRSM is the leading authority on musical assessment. More than 600,000 candidates, in over 90 countries, take our exams every year.
To set standards in providing the highest quality music exams, services and resources, which engage and sustain ever more teachers and learners, enabling us to increase our support for music education.
- Added alternative pieces for Grades 1-8 of the 2019 & 2020 syllabus.
Ratings and Reviews
Slower tempo and include the beats per min
A helpful app but it would be better if there was slower tempos available. I know the tempo can be changed with the wheel setting/icon - but even the slowest are very fast when you are learning. And please indicate on the wheel what beats per min each setting equates to - then users would know how close they are to playing at the suggested speed for a piece. At the moment I think some of the speeds would be much too fast- but the app gives no info.
The actual action of playing the piece is fine but since I have moved up to grade 4 it won't let me purchase B2. Myself and my parents have tried to purchase it but it just won't let me and when ever you try to press the cost it takes me to the info page. Apart from that though it did help me master the pieces from my grade 3 so over all not too shabby.
Developer Response ,
Hi Disney fox,
If you are still experiencing a problem please email email@example.com so we can assist you.
This is a very useful app indeed and the tracks are reasonably priced and the practice variations of hand and speed is amazing!! I drop my rating down to three because the guide doesn’t work for the tracks we are using and is crucial, particularly for grades 1-3 and slower tempos. I really hope ABRSM can fix this for a future upgrade. Pretty please.....
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment. Please note that the guide does not count continuously for the entire piece, only in places where there is a long rest in one or both hands, or where there is a difficult change in tempo. Some pieces do not feature either of these so they do not have a guide option - you will notice that the guide button is inactive for such pieces.
We hope this information is helpful but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need further assistance. We hope you will continue to enjoy using the app!
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 35.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Grade 1 selection 2015 & 2016 £8.99
- Grade 2 selection 2015 & 2016 £8.99
- Grade 3 selection 2015 & 2016 £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.