By The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Designed for musicians, Speedshifter is a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
Speedshifter can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
*Speedshifter supports playback of MP3, M4A, AIFF and WAV files stored on your device. It cannot play files stored online in iTunes Match.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Updated registration form
A very useful app that works well on both my computer and ipad to slow down music and practice along with piano parts. I use it regularly in lessons with students. It can sometimes be a little slow to load but I stringly suspect that is my iPad rather than the app as it is slow running everything.
Very annoying. Doesn't work.
Can't get this to work with iTunes. Takes forever loading tracks which have been downloaded to my iPhone. I've wasted several hours trying to get this to work.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 29 June 2017
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- © 2017 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.