The OFFICIAL ABRSM Violin Practice Partner is a simple way to make practising pieces for your exams more musical, enjoyable and fun. It is useful for anyone learning or teaching pieces from the ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016–2019.
Use Violin Practice Partner to practise with the piano accompaniment, the violin part in isolation, or the duo ensemble recording. The app will help you to:
• Become familiar with the accompaniment and understand how the solo line fits with the piano part for more secure performances.
• Make practice more musical and enjoyable by having a virtual violin partner to play along with.
• Slow down or speed up the music to a tempo that suits you, for slow careful practice.
• Listen closely to the violin in isolation to hear every detail of the expert performance.
• Repeat tricky passages by setting loops around them.
You can also:
• Personalise the app – choose from nine different virtual partners to practise with!
Violin Practice Partner comes with one example piece from Grade 1 of the NEW ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016–2019. In app you can purchase:
• Any piece* from the ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016–2019 for Grades 1–7
• All nine pieces from the ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces selection syllabus for Grades 1-7*
* ‘Pig Ankle Rag’ – Grade 3, C1 – is for solo violin so is not featured in Violin Practice Partner. (The Grade 3 selection therefore contains eight pieces).
** Users of older devices such as the iPhone 4S or original iPad mini may encounter problems running Violin Practice Partner. Please test the app using the sample piece to ensure it is working effectively on your device before making any in app purchases.
- Fixed issue with purchasing and restoring pieces
Ratings and Reviews
Great app again
Thank you for applying that fix the app is now working great again.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reporting this. We’ve produced a fix and this is being processed now. Please keep an eye out for the update which will be available in the App Store soon. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you need any further help please contact us at email@example.com.
Grade 3 pieces
Why aren’t all of the pieces available for each section?
Would be fabulous if it didn't glitch
I bought this app to support my son's violin practise, recommended by his teacher. He loves techy things so was very excited.
Initially it was brilliant and his tone and interpretation improved immensely. We loved being able to adjust the tempo, something which we could not do with the CDs which accompanied the book.
However, now, each piece constantly glitches to the point where it is unusable. Initially, we thought it was due to him having an older iPad, but it is a version iOS 9.1 so should not be a problem. Tried on his newer iPod too and the problem is the same.
Please, please hurry and fix this problem as it could be such a great app.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 15.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Grade 3 B1 – Over the Rainbow £1.99
- Grade 2 A3 – Rigaudon £1.99
- Grade 4 C1 – Take Five £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.